Fred Glass to retire

1 hour ago, Beowulf50 said:

IU Basketball means a lot to me!! I’m sure IU Basketball means a lot to many!! Bottom line.....it apparently doesn’t mean jack shit to the powers at be!!!?!

It does mean a lot and that’s why many of us are so angry.  When RMK was fired I believe we had more national titles than Duke and UNC combined.  We were easily a top 2 program nationally.  What did our administration do with that legacy?  They gave us 20 years of Mike Davis, Sampson, Crean, and Archie.  Why they didn’t go out and make a splash hire is simply beyond belief.

Billingsley had that post where he had talked to a current B1G assistant and even that assistant said it was ridiculous that IU wasn’t a top 5 program nationally almost every year.  We have probably the second biggest fan base in the country.  We have probably the best in state recruiting of any blue blood.  We have elite resources and facilities.  A top notch campus.  We have everything except an administration that demands greatness.  That has to change.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Beowulf50 said:

IU Basketball means a lot to me!! I’m sure IU Basketball means a lot to many!! Bottom line.....it apparently doesn’t mean jack shit to the powers at be!!!?!

I have lived and died with IU basketball since the 70's so it means a lot to me as well.  The difference is that some has grown up and realize that sports are entertainment and has different priorities than we did when we were younger.  I still want us to win every game and am angry during the game but can get over it and not let it bother me like it use to do.

I can say honestly after following this site thru three moves, everyone here cares deeply about Indiana University. Sadly some of us have lowered expectations, right or wrong , twenty years is a long time outta the spotlight.

I know we have had a few good years over that time span, but from my birth until I was graduated high school in 93, no team was better in college basketball. That 93-94 team was our last truely great team, I just watched the IU vs Michigan game last night for  sh*ts and giggles. That team was destined to win it all if Alan doesn’t get hurt. 

No leaks yet of who the search team has interviewed?  As an alumni and a fan of all athletic teams my vote (if I had one) is Chris Reynolds.  Being in Chicago, Reynolds has done terrific things for Bradley, has experience, has the degrees, was an elite athlete at IU.  He checks all boxes, and is a deserving candidate based on his resume and work alone. 

Hopefully something leaks soon.  

20 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

It does mean a lot and that’s why many of us are so angry.  When RMK was fired I believe we had more national titles than Duke and UNC combined.  We were easily a top 2 program nationally.  What did our administration do with that legacy?  They gave us 20 years of Mike Davis, Sampson, Crean, and Archie.  Why they didn’t go out and make a splash hire is simply beyond belief.

Billingsley had that post where he had talked to a current B1G assistant and even that assistant said it was ridiculous that IU wasn’t a top 5 program nationally almost every year.  We have probably the second biggest fan base in the country.  We have probably the best in state recruiting of any blue blood.  We have elite resources and facilities.  A top notch campus.  We have everything except an administration that demands greatness.  That has to change.

Totally mind numbing where we are today!! I mean no other Basketball school would put up with this BS!!

For sake of discussion, after listening to the Pat Knight interview....seems like the ex players trust Scott D.  Now many posters on different forums say it will be status quo; however, I got a different vibe from the interview.  

I don't believe the ex players during the golden era would trust someone who didn't care about IU basketball.

1 hour ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

For sake of discussion, after listening to the Pat Knight interview....seems like the ex players trust Scott D.  Now many posters on different forums say it will be status quo; however, I got a different vibe from the interview.  

I don't believe the ex players during the golden era would trust someone who didn't care about IU basketball.

They trust him because he was a manager during that time. That’s why. In a since he is a connection to the Knight era.

Listened to an interview with RabJohn's on 1070 in Indy yesterday and he has heard that they want to hire the new AD before Glass leaves.  They want to have the new AD around a month or so to get use to IU before he actually takes the position full time.  I don't know if this would make it more likely that they  will just hire Dolson since he is already there.  Also if they are planning to hire Dolson then why would you even bother having a search committee formed if you are just looking at an in house hire.

Guys, I don’t know where the Scott Dolson stuff is coming from, but he himself probably realizes he shouldn’t be a serious candidate.  Take five minutes and compare resumes.  Dolson did not pursue advanced degrees and he has to know that limits his upside.  

Dolson has a bachelor’s degree and was a former manager.  He’s been successful and has had important positions that he can be proud of.  But by way of comparison, take a look at Chris Reynolds and Pat Kraft.  Reynolds has both a law degree and a Ph.D.  Kraft has master’s and Ph.D. Degrees. Both have worked in senior admin positions at other schools.  

No disrespect to Dolson but he hasn’t pursued the credentials he needs to run an athletic department of the scale of IU.  I’m sure he’s a nice guy, but he has to know what he needed to pursue to get one of those jobs and he didn’t do it.  He made a choice for himself and that’s fine.  

The AD job requires high level critical thinking, strategic considerations, and a broad range of skill sets from employment/legal matters, to capital projects, to marketing, etc.  You could go on and on.  

If you spend some time looking at the candidates, you can quickly see that Dolson shouldn’t be a serious candidate.  Now, is IU so dysfunctional that they hire him anyway?  I find that hard to believe.  This is such an obvious situation that I think this is rumor that is imaginary.  

If Dolson is the guy that tells me the continuity canoe in Bloomington is paddling at full strength. As others have said he's done well for himself but the waters universities are headed into over the next 1-3 years really, really requires some next level thinking/experience. If just hiring from within it tells me our athletic department is making so much money off of BTN $ the powers at be don't care. 

On 2/11/2020 at 9:19 AM, Seeking6 said:

If Dolson is the guy that tells me the continuity canoe in Bloomington is paddling at full strength. As others have said he's done well for himself but the waters universities are headed into over the next 1-3 years really, really requires some next level thinking/experience. If just hiring from within it tells me our athletic department is making so much money off of BTN $ the powers at be don't care. 

Yeah I believe that the powers at be could care less about the success of Indiana Basketball!! They have shown it for the past twenty years!!

Archived