Vol fan here

Hey everyone— I’ll start by saying I’m a lifelong Tennessee fan, so we get that out of the way.  That game the other night was awesome, simply for being a college football fan.  Just wanted to say congratulations on your season, and I hope you guys have continued success next year.  Your fans were great. All very polite and friendly, and were much nicer and respectful than some of the d-bags that came from the Vol Nation.  Every fan base has theirs, so on behalf of our fans, I apologize for things that got yelled at y’all.  You guys have a great team, and I wish you the best in the future; IU is legitimately my favorite Big10 team.  Have a great new year going forward, everyone!

Thanks for the message.  Most fans are good and cool people.  It’s just sports for fun.  This isn’t nuclear disarmament or solving world hunger.   I’ve been to conference tournaments and the Final Four and it’s mostly fine between different fan bases.  Good needling.   

The mean-spiritedness comes from people with no perspective.  When I was a kid and saw adults, I thought they were real grown-ups.  But, now, you have to wonder what kids see with today’s adults.  

As a parent with young children, that’s not good to see where it can get ugly or worse.  Younger kids still have that utopian faith in the world concept.  They see the good in things and want to be reassured that things are good.  That’s my perspective as a parent.  

7 hours ago, supersmo18 said:

Hey everyone— I’ll start by saying I’m a lifelong Tennessee fan, so we get that out of the way.  That game the other night was awesome, simply for being a college football fan.  Just wanted to say congratulations on your season, and I hope you guys have continued success next year.  Your fans were great. All very polite and friendly, and were much nicer and respectful than some of the d-bags that came from the Vol Nation.  Every fan base has theirs, so on behalf of our fans, I apologize for things that got yelled at y’all.  You guys have a great team, and I wish you the best in the future; IU is legitimately my favorite Big10 team.  Have a great new year going forward, everyone!

Thank you.  Very kind words indeed.  There are a few of us in here that pull for the Vols hard.  It was a fantastic game and best of luck to you guys next year.  BTW, UT has always been my favorite SEC school and I got a lot of things around my house that have this on it...

File:Tennessee Volunteers logo.svg - Wikipedia

On 1/5/2020 at 12:52 PM, supersmo18 said:

Just curious.. where were your seats the other night?

10 hours ago, btownqb said:

Just curious.. where were your seats the other night?

I was way up in 435 row BB. I’m a UT season ticket holder but bought my tickets thru the Gator Bowl website bc it was much cheaper 😬 my son was upset bc we woke him up just before the game was over, and he wanted popcorn but all the concession stands were closed already.  That does not make for a happy 3 year old 😂 

796BBFA7-FB8B-4750-B853-3FC93196CB1C.jpeg

11 minutes ago, supersmo18 said:

I was way up in 435 row BB. I’m a UT season ticket holder but bought my tickets thru the Gator Bowl website bc it was much cheaper 😬 my son was upset bc we woke him up just before the game was over, and he wanted popcorn but all the concession stands were closed already.  That does not make for a happy 3 year old 😂 

796BBFA7-FB8B-4750-B853-3FC93196CB1C.jpeg

You have a great looking family.

6 hours ago, btownqb said:

@supersmo18 gotcha. I was just curious.. I had rather moronic UT fan near me. Ironically he was on the right a couple of seats away and then I had an idiot IU fan on my left a few seats away. 

I was in 145. 

I honestly did not hear any IU fans say or do anything idiotic. But right next to me (I was sitting on an aisle seat) there was one Tennessee fan who was just running his mouth with all sorts of profanity and a row of Indiana fans were sitting right in front of him. It was downright embarrassing. Every Indiana fan I came across was extremely respectful and very polite. When people come to Knoxville, I always want them to feel like they will leave saying that they had a great experience and were treated with respect. But every fan base has their nimrods...

6 hours ago, milehiiu said:

You have a great looking family.

Thanks, I appreciate it. My wife is actually a Georgia fan, but at least she puts on a good fanshow when she comes to games with me.  😂  I’m doing my best to train my kids in the proper way and to avoid the dark side (anything remotely connected to Florida, Alabama, Georgia, Vanderbilt, or Kentucky), and unfortunately the Georgia bullet is a big one to dodge as of late.

Just now, supersmo18 said:

Thanks, I appreciate it. My wife is actually a Georgia fan, but at least she puts on a good fanshow when she comes to games with me.  😂  I’m doing my best to train my kids in the proper way and to avoid the dark side (anything remotely connected to Florida, Alabama, Georgia, Vanderbilt, or Kentucky), and unfortunately the Georgia bullet is a big one to dodge as of late.

We can send them some candy striped pants if you'd like a late Christmas present for them!

1 minute ago, supersmo18 said:

My ex and my son live in Knoxville. My son is involved in the football program at Grace Christian Academy and my grandson is an aspiring freshman quarterback for them. Very small world indeed!
You have a great looking family and thanks for the kind words about us Hoosier fans.

On 1/5/2020 at 8:41 PM, rico said:

Thank you.  Very kind words indeed.  There are a few of us in here that pull for the Vols hard.  It was a fantastic game and best of luck to you guys next year.  BTW, UT has always been my favorite SEC school and I got a lot of things around my house that have this on it...

File:Tennessee Volunteers logo.svg - Wikipedia

@rico There’s a guy that posts on volnation.com named Hoosier Vol. Wonder if  guys are related?  🤔 Cool to see the connection of UT and IU fans on opposing sites

2 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

My ex and my son live in Knoxville. My son is involved in the football program at Grace Christian Academy and my grandson is an aspiring freshman quarterback for them. Very small world indeed!
You have a great looking family and thanks for the kind words about us Hoosier fans.

Good luck to them! What brought them to Knoxville?  (Assuming you and your family are all initially from Indiana, anyway)

29 minutes ago, supersmo18 said:

Well, then.  Your wife must be very pleased with Tom Crean. Former IUBB HC. 

45 minutes ago, supersmo18 said:

@rico There’s a guy that posts on volnation.com named Hoosier Vol. Wonder if  guys are related?  🤔 Cool to see the connection of UT and IU fans on opposing sites

I was on there last year during the basketball tournament.  Can't remember what my handle was tho, they welcomed me.  I am half Tennessean.  My Mama is from there.  Got family in Scott County...Oneida, Hunstville area.  I actually have land there as well.  5 acres around a place the locals call Smokey Junction.  

On 1/7/2020 at 4:50 PM, rico said:

I was on there last year during the basketball tournament.  Can't remember what my handle was tho, they welcomed me.  I am half Tennessean.  My Mama is from there.  Got family in Scott County...Oneida, Hunstville area.  I actually have land there as well.  5 acres around a place the locals call Smokey Junction.  

I know that area for sure. Grew up outside of Nashville and live outside Chattanooga now, but I definitely know where it is

On 1/7/2020 at 4:24 PM, milehiiu said:

Well, then.  Your wife must be very pleased with Tom Crean. Former IUBB HC. 

She is, I’m not. Lol. Unfortunately means that Georgia is going to stop being our whipping post in basketball and they’re gonna start recruiting and playing better. I don’t know how a team like UGA back-doored their way in with a good coach like Crean (other than $$$)

Archived