Pre-Game Thread - NW@IU - 1/8/20

rico

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, hoosiertildeath said:

If anyone hates pee yew as much as I do should be thrilled that those arrogant turds are getting whacked !!!!!!

We all get your hatred for PU and most IU fans feel the same way.  The thing is that does not make IU's lost any better and this is a thread about our next game and not PU

33 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Yes, they have 3 players injured right now and one was averaging around 22 points a game in the last 4 games.

I did a little more research.  They lost a guy for the year and have another out indefinitely.

1 minute ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Trying to put my optimistic glasses back on here.  Get the win Wednesday night and we're back to 0.500 in conference setting up a huge home game with the worthless nuts on Saturday. 

That is my kind of thinking...TY

I know we watch IU so much more closely than other teams but if you really watch a lot of games you will see the majority of the teams are having the same problems we are having.  They all run the same kind of offense and a lot have poor outside shooting who struggle on the road.

14 minutes ago, CincyHoosier said:

Must win is an understatement. 

Agreed.

This is an absolute must win for multiple reasons.

IU needs to come out and destroy this team to build any kind of confidence for Saturday.

My dream would be for Rob, Al, Franklin, and Green to hit 8 3s combined with less than 5 turnovers.

I just don't see how IU gets in the NCAA with a loss on Wednesday.

12 minutes ago, rico said:

I need a win just to get this very, very, very bad taste out of mouth.

We'll win. Then the post-game thread will be 2 pages long. Then we'll move on to the next one. 😉

I'm looking to see what our team does in the 2nd half. 

Sort of a side note. Crean was constantly bashed for perceived failures to make "adjustments" leading to 2nd half losses. This team keeps blowing 2nd-half leads and has difficulty down the stretch. I'm not reading anything into that at this point, but do want to see what we do as a team to take, keep and improve on the lead in the 2nd half. It starts with our guard play. Rob, please be healthy and assertive.

I'm looking @ NW game as the 1 "cupcake" of the B1G. And right now, I'm not confident we'll win it. I hope we do, I hope we get better, but putting the same product on the floor game after game, and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity.

We blew a 17(?) point lead with ND, 11 with ARK, and got blown out @ WI & MD. I don't remember which game it was, but in the 2nd half we ran the same offensive set I bet 90% of the time with the same result....bad shot or turnover.

It's really sad (for me) to have more enjoyment out of watching MSU play, than IU. I don't expect us to win every game. But I DO expect for us to be competitive. We're rapidly becoming the 2nd "Cupcake" of the B1G.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

I know we watch IU so much more closely than other teams but if you really watch a lot of games you will see the majority of the teams are having the same problems we are having.  They all run the same kind of offense and a lot have poor outside shooting who struggle on the road.

Ha...if this were only a one year issue, you’d be on to something.  Unfortunately for IU, this has become a trend.  

Archived