IUBB Home vs. Road Stats

Some interesting numbers in this article... 5.4 FGs per game from Phinisee, Durham, and Green combined in games away from home is pretty mind-blowing.  Durham’s home/away shooting splits are also pretty crazy.  He’s Matt Roth in Assembly Hall and Stan Robinson everywhere else.

I still just don’t see this team being able to score enough to win a game in the tourney at a neutral site.  Yes, we’ve got two neutral court wins, but it doesn’t look like ND or UCONN will make the tournament this year, and we didn’t play well on the offensive end in either game.  Scored 57 and 62 points, shot 37% from the field, and 20% from three.  That’s not gonna get it done in the tourney.

2 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Some interesting numbers in this article... 5.4 FGs per game from Phinisee, Durham, and Green combined in games away from home is pretty mind-blowing.  Durham’s home/away shooting splits are also pretty crazy.  He’s Matt Roth in Assembly Hall and Stan Robinson everywhere else.

I still just don’t see this team being able to score enough to win a game in the tourney at a neutral site.  Yes, we’ve got two neutral court wins, but it doesn’t look like ND or UCONN will make the tournament this year, and we didn’t play well on the offensive end in either game.  Scored 57 and 62 points, shot 37% from the field, and 20% from three.  That’s not gonna get it done in the tourney.

I am not sure that we will make the tourney! I sure hope so but it’s pretty much been an embarrassment for a long time 

To me getting to the foul line is connected to how we shoot.  At home we shoot really well and pretty decent from 3.  When you can hit your 3's it opens the paint up, which allows for Brunk and TJD to feast down there where they are more likely to get the ball and therefore fouled more.  When all they have to do is wait for us to shoot 15% from 3 on the road and clog the lane, less passes, more deflection and steals for the home team.  We're really easy to defend on the road.  At home, we spread the floor nicely and get and make open shots.  That allows for more spacing to run the offense and get 1 on 1 matches that lead to dribble drive AND 1 buckets or to the post AND 1 buckets.

Make some shots, open up the offense, win road games.

23 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

To me getting to the foul line is connected to how we shoot.  At home we shoot really well and pretty decent from 3.  When you can hit your 3's it opens the paint up, which allows for Brunk and TJD to feast down there where they are more likely to get the ball and therefore fouled more.  When all they have to do is wait for us to shoot 15% from 3 on the road and clog the lane, less passes, more deflection and steals for the home team.  We're really easy to defend on the road.  At home, we spread the floor nicely and get and make open shots.  That allows for more spacing to run the offense and get 1 on 1 matches that lead to dribble drive AND 1 buckets or to the post AND 1 buckets.

Make some shots, open up the offense, win road games.

Relying so much on the free throw line is also kind of a flawed strategy, especially on the road, because you’re never going to get as many calls away from home.  That’s just college basketball.

That tape measure sentiment is one I've had for quite a while.  It's all mental with these guys and it's frustrating that there is such a void of confidence when these guys hit the road.

If Archie can solve that part of the mental game, they can compete anywhere.

Archived