2023 NFL Discussion

rico

10 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I can't wait...
I can't wait until he is well and conscious...
I can't wait until he hears the stories...
The stories of how an amazing first responder team resurrected his failed heartbeat while millions held their breath...
How grown men wept in horror at what they had seen, then dropped to their knees beseeching God to intervene in his behalf...
How the Bengals team visited the Bills locker room to encourage and show compassion to his team mates...
How much of downtown Cincinnati and the stadium was lit all night in Bills blue to remind people to pray for him...
How hundreds of Bengals and Bills fans prayed together by candlelight at University of Cincinnati Medical Center...
How $5 million (and counting) have been raised for his childrens' charity...
How the anchors of ESPN actually bowed their heads and prayed aloud on world wide television for his complete healing...
I can't wait for his mama to sit on his bed and tell him all the stories about how God used a young football player to teach a nation what is truly important…

Didn’t know who posted this earlier today. This was written by Kathy Sprinkle!! So beautiful!

#PrayForDamar #GodIsGood

That gave me goosebumps.  So well written and true.  God uses tragedy to reach the masses. At the moment we only see a small part of the picture but we are starting to see the bigger picture here. Thank you for sharing. 

15 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Alright Colts and Bears brethren. Let's each do a solid this week. Fields isn't playing. Colts need to lose to get franchise QB. Bears get #1 pick.....you guys trade us Buckner, Kelly, and your slot in this years draft. You get Bryce...we get an all pro in Buckner and much better Center in Kelly while still getting one of either Carter or Anderson after another team trades up for Stroud or Levis.

Deal? Buckner has made it known he wants to be with Eberflus....let's make this I65 connection happen.

Deal. Colts are gonna waste the last 2 years of Buckners contract anyway.

And Kelly is … well I’m sure he’ll be great for the Bears…

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Boiler Sam said:

Deal. Colts are gonna waste the last 2 years of Buckners contract anyway.

And Kelly is … well I’m sure he’ll be great for the Bears…

Joking aside this makes so much sense right? Colts have been searching for a franchise qb since Luck walked.....and the Bears have enough cap space to absorb Buckner and anyone else involved while Bears still get 1 of the 2 best defenders in this draft?

It makes so much sense which is why it won't happen.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Joking aside this makes so much sense right? Colts have been searching for a franchise qb since Luck walked.....and the Bears have enough cap space to absorb Buckner and anyone else involved while Bears still get 1 of the 2 best defenders in this draft?

I have zero interest in this trade. The value doesn't match what the Colts are giving up. By no means is B Young some homerun that CJ Stroud automatically isn't, imo. 

Kelly has not played well. I have stated that. I have no interest in getting rid of Buckner. 

Kelly for next years (2024) 2nd or 3rd. I would do that. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Most mock drafts I've seen have both Stroud and Levis available for the Colts with the 5th pick. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Most mock drafts I've seen have both Stroud and Levis available for the Colts with the 5th pick. 

All comes down to preference of which guy you want. The Colts could certainly stand idle and wait for one of them to be there at 5....but standing pat and waiting for a qb is kind of the reason their in this dilemma. Houston is taking a QB. Seattle might and let their draft pick develop under Geno for a year. Raiders might trade up.

If I'm the Colts or a Colts fan the last strategy I'd use is waiting.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

All comes down to preference of which guy you want. The Colts could certainly stand idle and wait for one of them to be there at 5....but standing pat and waiting for a qb is kind of the reason their in this dilemma. Houston is taking a QB. Seattle might and let their draft pick develop under Geno for a year. Raiders might trade up.

If I'm the Colts or a Colts fan the last strategy I'd use is waiting.

I've seen speculation that the Lions could trade ahead of the Colts. In that one mock draft, the guy had the Colts taking Parris Johnson, OT from OSU. That would probably send the fan base into orbit, but who knows.

I've also seen a scenario where the Colts could trade down a few spots and take Levis, if still available. That seems like a Ballard type move. Some scouts think Levis may have the highest ceiling (think Josh Allen), but also the lowest floor among the top three QBs. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I have zero interest in this trade. The value doesn't match what the Colts are giving up. By no means is B Young some homerun that CJ Stroud automatically isn't, imo. 

Kelly has not played well. I have stated that. I have no interest in getting rid of Buckner. 

Kelly for next years (2024) 2nd or 3rd. I would do that. 

LOL. No one is giving up a draft pick for Ryan Kelly. He’s more likely to get released than traded. 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

I would give that up for your pick but not giving our first as well.

Bears get Buckner, Kelly, Colts 2nd round pick.

Colts get Bears 1st round pick 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I would give that up for your pick but not giving our first as well.

Bears get Buckner, Kelly, Colts 2nd round pick.

Colts get Bears 1st round pick 

Any deal to move up will include the Colts #1 pick.

Buckner’s 2 years is maybe worth a 2nd at most, and Kelly’s contract is a negative asset. 

Look at what the Eagles gave up for Wentz in 2016: 

The Eagles get: The No. 2 pick in 2016 and a 2017 fourth-round pick.

The Browns get: The No. 8 pick in 2016, the No. 77 pick (third round) in 2016, the No. 100 pick (fourth round) in 2016, a 2017 first-rounder and a 2018 second-rounder.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Boiler Sam said:

OK. Confused by what you said…

Kelly for next years (2024) 2nd or 3rd. I would do that. 

Did you not mean trading Ryan Kelly to the Bears for a 2nd or 3rd round pick?

Yes ... then you told me, "Kelly sucks". So.. if you think Kelly sucks and we got a 2nd or 3rd rd for him... thats a pretty great trade, yeah? 

4 minutes ago, Boiler Sam said:

The Bears aren’t trading a pick for Kelly’s bad contract straight up. 

I agree. Btw, his contract is only bad because he has performed below standards since Week 15 of last season. We didn't pay him some unreasonable amount for the way he had performed early in his career.

• Like 1