2023 NFL Discussion

rico

1 hour ago, Boiler Sam said:

Any deal to move up will include the Colts #1 pick.

Buckner’s 2 years is maybe worth a 2nd at most, and Kelly’s contract is a negative asset. 

Look at what the Eagles gave up for Wentz in 2016: 

The Eagles get: The No. 2 pick in 2016 and a 2017 fourth-round pick.

The Browns get: The No. 8 pick in 2016, the No. 77 pick (third round) in 2016, the No. 100 pick (fourth round) in 2016, a 2017 first-rounder and a 2018 second-rounder.

I agree if it is just about picks but not with Buckner and Kelly in the trade. No way you trade two starters and your first pick to go up 4 spots

Edited by IU Scott

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I agree if it is just about picks but not with Buckner and Kelly in the trade. No way you trade tao starters and your first pick to go up 4 spots

Like I said, Buckner’s 2 year contract is worth maybe a 2nd rounder at most. Kelly’s contract is a negative asset. Worth nothing. 

51 minutes ago, btownqb said:

This makes absolutely zero sense, especially with what else the Colts need. Why on earth would we move Raimann to RT? 

This idea doesn't help. 

Well I have seen plenty of mock drafts having pick a LT so I guess others aren't sold on Rainman as the long term solution at LT

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Lots of people throw out hero terms to many professions in recent years. You want to know what a hero looks like to me (besides military and law enforcement) this person and all the medical staff at UC Hospital. Saved the guys life...literally and now we'll be able to find out what really happened in coming weeks and hopefully prevent it happening again.

Kudos to you Mr. Kellington. Hero in every sense of the word.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Lots of people throw out hero terms to many professions in recent years. You want to know what a hero looks like to me (besides military and law enforcement) this person and all the medical staff at UC Hospital. Saved the guys life...literally and now we'll be able to find out what really happened in coming weeks and hopefully prevent it happening again.

Kudos to you Mr. Kellington. Hero in every sense of the word.

Amen

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well I have seen plenty of mock drafts having pick a LT so I guess others aren't sold on Rainman as the long term solution at LT

That's interesting.  I went through about 10 of them just a couple of days ago and every single one of them had the Colts taking either Levis or Stroud in round 1.  Obviously, you and I are looking at different mocks...

• Like 1

Just now, thirdgenhoosier said:

That's interesting.  I went through about 10 of them just a couple of days ago and every single one of them had the Colts taking either Levis or Stroud in round 1.  Obviously, you and I are looking at different mocks...

If Stroud or Young isn't there I wouldn't pick Levis at 5. I saw one a week or so ago had us taking tbe LT from NW and some just mentioned seeing one taking the LT from OSU

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I think it's starting to leak that it COULD be an option so I feel safe in sharing. NFL might ask Colts to host AFC Championship game to negate home field advantage of KC (should they win) vs either Bengals/Bills. 

I'm a Bengals fan, but if the Chiefs beat the Raiders this weekend, the Bengals could not have got the #1 seed.  Seems it should only apply to the Bengals if the Chiefs lose against the Raiders.     

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I'm a Bengals fan, but if the Chiefs beat the Raiders this weekend, the Bengals could not have got the #1 seed.  Seems it should only apply to the Bengals if the Chiefs lose against the Raiders.     

Yep. Just a contingency plan that started having talks on Tuesday. Time will tell. At least the NFL is being proactive in trying to make it fair for all parties.....again just in case.