2023 NFL Discussion

rico

27 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

Frank Reich fired from Carolina...

That's wild and sort of disrespectful to me. Maybe that sounds hypocritical coming from a Colts fan? 

You trade the house for a 6ft 190lbs QB, get him ZERO weapons, after being awful for quite a few years and it's Frank's fault? 

Has any coach been fired, midseason, in back-to-back years before? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Massive win for my Eagles in OT yesterday. 

Pretty crazy the gauntlet we're in the middle of, but this start to the rough part of the schedule has been great. I think splitting the next two would be huge. 

Kind of expect us to lose to SF. They will have not played since Thanksgiving and we're coming off a Monday night at KC (11/20) and the late Sunday afternoon (11/26) game that went to OT. 

Eagles current stretch:

Dallas - W

@KC - W

Buffalo - W

San Fran - Sunday

@Dallas - 12/10

@Seattle - 12/17

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

Pretty crazy the gauntlet we're in the middle of, but this start to the rough part of the schedule has been great. I think splitting the next two would be huge. 

Kind of expect us to lose to SF. They will have not played since Thanksgiving and we're coming off a Monday night at KC (11/20) and the late Sunday afternoon (11/26) game that went to OT. 

Eagles current stretch:

Dallas - W

@KC - W

Buffalo - W

San Fran - Sunday

@Dallas - 12/10

@Seattle - 12/17

I might be taking a customer to that Dallas game in a suite - very pumped for it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

That's wild and sort of disrespectful to me. Maybe that sounds hypocritical coming from a Colts fan? 

You trade the house for a 6ft 190lbs QB, get him ZERO weapons, after being awful for quite a few years and it's Frank's fault? 

Has any coach been fired, midseason, in back-to-back years before? 

David Tepper is a brilliant investor, but he's not a good owner. He's way too hands on and too impatient. Since he's owned the Panthers, he's had six coaches in six years. His MLS team will soon hire a third coach in 2 seasons. 

1 minute ago, 13th&Jackson said:

David Tepper is a brilliant investor, but he's not a good owner. He's way too hands on and too impatient. Since he's owned the Panthers, he's had six coaches in six years. His MLS team will soon hire a third coach in 2 seasons. 

Wow. 

I just don't understand firing him mid-season (that was the hypocritical part for me being a Colts fan)

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

That is the third time in 5 years he has fired a coach during the season

Right. were the other two in the first year with a rookie QB? 

Like I think this time is "Extra wrong" ....either way, I think we can all definitely see Frank Reich isn't the only issue in Carolina. 

Edited by btownqb

2 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Just a small reminder the Bears turned Bryce Young into DJ Moore, Darnell Wright (highest graded rookie tackle), Tyrique Stevenson (who has been playing phenomenal) as well as this years first (assuming Carolina is last) and a 2025 2nd. 

I'm not saying it's Hershel Walker trade by Jimmy but it's an absolute fleecing. Scary thing is if we could just get Fields to show something these next 6 imagine what the Bears could get for this years number 1 pick? 

5 hours ago, BGleas said:

Eagles current stretch:

Dallas - W

@KC - W

Buffalo - W

San Fran - Sunday

@Dallas - 12/10

@Seattle - 12/17

Welcome to first place schedules in the NFL. Pats, Colts, Steelers almost always had schedules like this every year. That said they have gutted out some tough wins….found a way. But by the end of the season you hope you have enough in the tank and enough healthy stars.

53 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Just a small reminder the Bears turned Bryce Young into DJ Moore, Darnell Wright (highest graded rookie tackle), Tyrique Stevenson (who has been playing phenomenal) as well as this years first (assuming Carolina is last) and a 2025 2nd. 

I'm not saying it's Hershel Walker trade by Jimmy but it's an absolute fleecing. Scary thing is if we could just get Fields to show something these next 6 imagine what the Bears could get for this years number 1 pick? 

Undoubtedly a great trade. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I think you take the sure thing at 1 and trade Fields. Fields will get you another #1 pick. Get Harrison and Williams and then build the rest of it…could be the 2000s Colts of the North.

Also remember they could have had Stroud…who looks way better than Fields.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I think you take the sure thing at 1 and trade Fields. Fields will get you another #1 pick. Get Harrison and Williams and then build the rest of it…could be the 2000s Colts of the North.

Also remember they could have had Stroud…who looks way better than Fields.

If Fields would just play well we could have him, MHJ and Best Tackle available. If Fields doesn't...we'll have to decide which route to go with likely new Coach. Do you grab MHJ and keep trading back to stack picks or not is the tough one.

If Fields would just show progress it makes things a ton easier.