2023 NFL Discussion

rico

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

One thing that is hurting the Colt's run game is not having Mack in the lineup.  I also think Reich dies not stick with the run game if it is not working early.  Just this last game against the Bengals once they took the lead.  They had the ball twice in the last 8 minutes and the first drive they threw the ball 3 straight times and had to punt. On the last possession and a one point lead and 4 minutes to go he still passed a lot and had to settle for a FG.

Yep. I was just pointing out that the Colts are a good running team and the Bears suck at it and 48 yards after 6 games is the difference. Weird year....especially in stats. Before tonight's game the Bills were 4-1 but had a negative 3 point differential. Titans are 5-0 but barely beat Vikings, Jags, and Texans. Just a strange start when looking just at stats.

8 minutes ago, BGleas said:

It's honestly crazy, this is the second year in a row the Eagles are dealing with this.

I started picking up Goedert in FF leagues last week. Hopefully I get lucky because at this rate Wentz will be throwing to Fulgham and Goedert along with the guy that drives them to the stadium each day.

12 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Yep. I was just pointing out that the Colts are a good running team and the Bears suck at it and 48 yards after 6 games is the difference. Weird year....especially in stats. Before tonight's game the Bills were 4-1 but had a negative 3 point differential. Titans are 5-0 but barely beat Vikings, Jags, and Texans. Just a strange start when looking just at stats.

Speaking of point differential, the Jets are on pace to set a record on the negative side.

• Like 1

Just now, DC2345 said:

Anyone else think that if the Eagles decide to move on from Carson Wentz or at least make him available after this season that he will be the QB of the Colts. I would personally put it at about a 95% chance. 

yes I agree and I would take him.  Better than the idea of Darnold IMO. I think the Jets have ruined that man

3 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Anyone else think that if the Eagles decide to move on from Carson Wentz or at least make him available after this season that he will be the QB of the Colts. I would personally put it at about a 95% chance. 

What would "we" have to give up?

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

yes I agree and I would take him.  Better than the idea of Darnold IMO. I think the Jets have ruined that man

And the Steelers are widely known to have an interest in Darnold. Won't be surprised if a move is made before trade deadline for him. Give him some time this year and next with Ben before he retires and Darnold can hit the ground running down the road again.

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

And the Steelers are widely known to have an interest in Darnold. Won't be surprised if a move is made before trade deadline for him. Give him some time this year and next with Ben before he retires and Darnold can hit the ground running down the road again.

What about the Browns?  They need a QB as well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

My issue is Sam has never won and winning just like losing can be contagious i think he is worth the risk for a team like Pittsburgh but I hope the Colts can get someone with a winning paat

6 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I don't think he's ruined. He has a bad o line and limited weapons. Get him with a good system and a better head coach and who knows but it has to be at the deadline this year or next year. He stays in a bad situation much longer and I'll agree with you. 

• Like 1

Just now, DC2345 said:

I don't think he's ruined. He has a bad o line and limited weapons. Get him with a good system and a better head coach and who knows but it has to be at the deadline this year or next year. He stays in a bad situation much longer and I'll agree with you. 

He still might have time but get him out before the Jets go 0-16. The seeing ghosts quote from his Monday night game last year puts some worry in me.

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

He still might have time but get him out before the Jets go 0-16. The seeing ghosts quote from his Monday night game last year puts some worry in me.

It doesn't bother me at all. That said I wouldn't give up more than a 5th for him at this point and someone will give more than that and I don't think Ballard will trade for him this season unless they trade Jacoby which I don't see happening. 

Just now, Billingsley99 said:

Threw me off with the new avatar.  They will have the assets to make a big move

haha figured I'd change it up with all the Vic news circling around.  Ballard has been spot on with stock pilling draft picks.  I think they are close, with a few changes I think they are contending with Chiefs and others for top 3 in AFC

13 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Me either but they have to do something.  I don't like Jones. Maybe Rodgers will want a change of scenery 

The Giants won't move on from Jones yet. Plus they won't have the number 1 pick so they would be stupid to not put more weapons around him and build up the team. The QB's that I could see changing teams this offseason are Wentz, Rodgers, Darnold, Ryan, Minshew, Garoppolo, and Stafford. Their could be a few others as well. Will all these guys be on the move? No, they won't but they could be options. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DC2345 said:

The Giants won't move on from Jones yet. Plus they won't have the number 1 pick so they would be stupid to not put more weapons around him and build up the team. The QB's that I could see changing teams this offseason are Wentz, Rodgers, Darnold, Ryan, Minshew, Garoppolo, and Stafford. Their could be a few others as well. Will all these guys be on the move? No, they won't but they could be options. 

My preference for the Colts in order

Rodgers

Stafford 

Ryan

Wentz

Crap shoot after that