2023 NFL Discussion

rico

14 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Cliff and Fred were pretty good though 

They sure were...And Warren Wells before Cliff...and Raymond Chester before Casper...Hewitt Dixon, Pete Banazak, "The Mad Bomber" Daryl Lamonica...love em or hate em, those teams were fun to watch...

Speaking of Fred, here's the greatest catch I've ever seen in any football game...it was in the Dolphins/Raiders playoff game (1974) called the "Sea of Hands" game because of the catch Clarence Davis makes at the end of the game...Biletnikoff's catch was awesome though...cherry on the sundae, Tim Foley (#25 for the Dolphins) is a Purdue grad 😁

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I get it and short of an Eli move I would tell the Jets (if I'm Trevor Lawrence) start fielding trade offers or don't draft me. Unless the Jets made a move for Bieniemy and somehow he was able to convince Lawrence he could make him the next Mahomes.

If the Jets get the #1 and if I were the Jets, I would trade the #1 pick period.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

The Jets seem to be in a neck and neck race with themselves as the worst run team in sports. I don't even know what you do in a situation like this. We all know Eric Bieniemy is going to be a head coach very soon but would you even want a position like that with Jets? Would be very risky for a first time head coach. 

Their luck is so bad, if they go up for sale, James Dolan will buy them...

I think Namath made a deal with the devil on Super Bowl III....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, rico said:

If the Jets get the #1 and if I were the Jets, I would trade the #1 pick period.

That's the thing. We know they need a generational QB but they also need about 18 other needs filled. I'd get the pick and trade for a massive haul....almost like what Jimmy did for Dallas with Herschel. Of course you have to someone who knows how to pick too.

10 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

That's the thing. We know they need a generational QB but they also need about 18 other needs filled. I'd get the pick and trade for a massive haul....almost like what Jimmy did for Dallas with Herschel. Of course you have to someone who knows how to pick too.

Yeah, they better do some work to that staff.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rico said:

Eason got them to a SB...Blackledge did nothing

Got them there and got them manhandled by you-know-who...and he was never the same after that...

He was 6-4 that year...Grogan was 5-1 and had better numbers....

Still, he was better than Todd Blackledge...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Game over in Indy. Colts look like they don't want anything to do with playing football and the Bengals are taking it to them and lead 21-0 in the 2nd quarter.

I'd be doing some serious ass chewing at halftime!!!

Oh, there's still LOTS of time for the Bengals to find a way to lose.  Trust me.  I've watched this franchise since 1968.  They're famous for second half let downs.  I hope I'm wrong, but....

46 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Game over in Indy. Colts look like they don't want anything to do with playing football and the Bengals are taking it to them and lead 21-0 in the 2nd quarter.

See what I mean.  Rivers has usually had pretty good success against Cincy.  You guys are totally back in this game, not that Indy was ever out of it.  Let's see what adjustments each team comes up with at halftime.  I'm never optimistic with the Bengals.

Ugh again. Wentz had a WR drop a wide open 53 yard pass that would have gone for a TD on their first possession, and then late in the half Miles Sanders dropped a wide open 30 yard pass in the end zone. 

Somebody has got to step up and help Wentz. 

Edited by BGleas

4 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Ugh again. Wentz had a WR drop a wide open 53 yard pass that would have gone for a TD on their first possession, and then late in the half Miles Sanders dropped a wide open 30 yard pass in the end zone. 

Somebody has got to step up and help Wentz. 

Meh, trade Wentz to the Colts

58 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Better turn your set on...

And once again the Bengals prove me right.  Burrow is going to be okay, but they need offensive line improvement/development and improvement on defense.  The Bengals coaching staff is woefully lacking in overall experience.  The Brown family won't pay for quality coaching.  They're notoriously cheap.

Edited by jv1972iu

He’ll of an effort by Wentz and the Eagles. Came down to a missed 2pt conversion after a TD with a minute left. By the way, absolutely brutal call on that 2pt conversion by Pederson.  He called an RPO run option!?!?

Wentz was fantastic in the second half, and really most of the game, all while missing 4/5 of his o-line (and backup RT got hurt and didn’t come back, missing his top 3 receivers, his top running back went out in the 3rd quarter, his backup TE is out and Ertz went out early in the 4th. 

He literally is working with multiple practice squad receivers and 2nd/3rd string players up and down the offense.

Eagles win that game if they don’t drop 2 different wide open TD passes in the first half.