2023 NFL Discussion

rico

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Did I see that right? Colts have trailed every game entering 4th? Just get the score here please pickem...

Only team in the NFL to do this, and also, 10 straight games trailing at the half, going back to last year. I'm not sure if even the Suck for Luck team ever pulled that off. It's crazy. I keep waiting for that week where everything clicks in the first half, just because every team seemingly has a game like that at some point, but it never happens with this group. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Colts played well enough to win. Ran at a 4.7 ypc clip. Ehlinger gave them a lift. Defense played well until the end. 
The loss of points as a result of the Taylor fumble was a huge event in this game. Would have won the game had he not lost the ball.

Both fumbles today was inside the 25 yard line

13 minutes ago, D-BONE said:

Ineptitude personified:

The Colts offense has been held to one touchdown or fewer in four games this season.

The offense has failed to score more than 20 points in all but one game this season.

Don't forget being behind at half for 10 straight games and not leading after the third quarter this year.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Colts have also started on offense in all but one game this year. Must really suck at the coin toss or they keep electing to receive for some reason. 

The offense's first possession in all but one game has ended with either a three and out or a turnover. 

The other team defers which what happened today 

1 minute ago, rico said:

This is the guy I have been waiting for to show up.  

His speed is different. 

Pittman, Pierce, Campbell, Woods, Granson, Hines, JT is a more than solid group, imo. Now with Ehlinger, I think this group can really grow. Tough start this week for SE @NE, but we will see. 

8 minutes ago, btownqb said:

His speed is different. 

Pittman, Pierce, Campbell, Woods, Granson, Hines, JT is a more than solid group, imo. Now with Ehlinger, I think this group can really grow. Tough start this week for SE @NE, but we will see. 

Is it a tough start? The Bears and Justin Fields went in there and blew them out - NE isn't that good. 

I liked what I saw from Sam yesterday, but these next couple road games are two of the more winnable games we have left. If Sam wants to be the guy long-term he needs to win these types of games; granted, he played good enough to win yesterday and his best two skill players let him down big-time when it mattered (JT and Pittman). 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Is it a tough start? The Bears and Justin Fields went in there and blew them out - NE isn't that good. 

I liked what I saw from Sam yesterday, but these next couple road games are two of the more winnable games we have left. If Sam wants to be the guy long-term he needs to win these types of games; granted, he played good enough to win yesterday and his best two skill players let him down big-time when it mattered (JT and Pittman). 

Belicheat is the best defensive coach in the history of the game. Quite the challenge. Establishing a consistent run will be necessary. 

Two GL calls I did not like, 1st and Goal QB sweep and 3rd and goal with no mo just straight hand the ball to JT. But other than that, JTs fumble and that drop... yuck. 

I do think it's fairly evident Sam is better than Ryan, or at least more effective for our offense. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Belicheat is the best defensive coach in the history of the game. Quite the challenge. Establishing a consistent run will be necessary. 

Two GL calls I did not like, 1st and Goal QB sweep and 3rd and goal with no mo just straight hand the ball to JT. But other than that, JTs fumble and that drop... yuck. 

I do think it's fairly evident Sam is better than Ryan, or at least more effective for our offense. 

I guess, but they're pretty average this year. If Sam can't win a road game against a pretty average defense and below average offense, then he's probably not the guy.

I agree on those play calls - but Frank makes a lot of head scratching play calls IMO. I'm not sure if he realizes that the QB sneak is a legal play, but he should try it out sometime when we need a half a yard. 

I never really thought Ryan was the problem as much as the line, but I definitely agree that with as bad as our line is Sam seems like he is a better fit probably after one game. 

Unrelated to the rest of the post, but my personal favorite play of the game was the deep ball to Alec. Was a very good throw, but Pierce did a great job of snagging that ball with his hands; if he lets it get into his body I think the defender had a pretty good shot at breaking it up. 

4 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I guess, but they're pretty average this year. If Sam can't win a road game against a pretty average defense and below average offense, then he's probably not the guy.

I agree on those play calls - but Frank makes a lot of head scratching play calls IMO. I'm not sure if he realizes that the QB sneak is a legal play, but he should try it out sometime when we need a half a yard. 

I never really thought Ryan was the problem as much as the line, but I definitely agree that with as bad as our line is Sam seems like he is a better fit probably after one game. 

Unrelated to the rest of the post, but my personal favorite play of the game was the deep ball to Alec. Was a very good throw, but Pierce did a great job of snagging that ball with his hands; if he lets it get into his body I think the defender had a pretty good shot at breaking it up. 

I think NE is well above average defensively, and defending Chicago is a little different than defending most teams with their run game and Field's legs, but NE didn't play well that night. NE is a 6pt favorite currently and they have won 3 of 4 and just beat a 5-2 Jets team on the road. I agree these games, and the one yesterday are definitely ones we need to get, just a tall task going into Foxboro and getting a W. 

Pierce's hands are evident. The grab on the sideline, on the out route... insane catch. 

My question for the Colts fan this morning. Does thought of being sellers enter the mind before trade deadline? I know Colts can still win division and that's probably why they won't sell....but they are light years behind Bills, Chiefs shoot even Dolphins in the talent department. So I ask do you ship your guys this week for picks?

• Like 1

Just now, Seeking6 said:

My question for the Colts fan this morning. Does thought of being sellers enter the mind before trade deadline? I know Colts can still win division and that's probably why they won't sell....but they are light years behind Bills, Chiefs shoot even Dolphins in the talent department. So I ask do you ship your guys this week for picks?

I don't.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I think NE is well above average defensively, and defending Chicago is a little different than defending most teams with their run game and Field's legs, but NE didn't play well that night. NE is a 6pt favorite currently and they have won 3 of 4 and just beat a 5-2 Jets team on the road. I agree these games, and the one yesterday are definitely ones we need to get, just a tall task going into Foxboro and getting a W. 

Pierce's hands are evident. The grab on the sideline, on the out route... insane catch. 

I mean you can think whatever you want but the stats and their play on the field pretty clearly show an average defensive team. They're middle of the pack in yards and in points allowed The only above .500 team they've beaten in that 3 out of 4 is the Jets, who I think most agree still have a lot to prove that they're legit contenders.

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

The thought of being a seller is a no brainer to me, I would do it in a heartbeat.

I also will be shocked if the Colts do it. You have a GM and coach trying to hang on to their jobs, so they're unlikely to do anything to hurt results on the field IMO. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

The thought of being a seller is a no brainer to me, I would do it in a heartbeat.

I also will be shocked if the Colts do it. You have a GM and coach trying to hang on to their jobs, so they're unlikely to do anything to hurt results on the field IMO. 

Yep. That's why didn't mind the Bears moving Quinn and won't mind if they move anyone else today. Bears need a ton of talent to go along with an unprecedented amount of $ to spend next year https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/2023/

Problem is the Colts (Ballard/Reich) still think their close. I don't know.... I like the Colts. Always have but they need to take a hard look in the mirror today and realize they might be closer to the Bears then they think...talent wise. 

Edited by Seeking6
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I mean you can think whatever you want but the stats and their play on the field pretty clearly show an average defensive team. They're middle of the pack in yards and in points allowed The only above .500 team they've beaten in that 3 out of 4 is the Jets, who I think most agree still have a lot to prove that they're legit contenders.

Struggled defending Lamar, but that is about it. To just act like going to Foxboro in your 2nd start ever vs. Belicheat is somehow simple is a very confusing argument, but whatever. The jets were 5-2 and NE held them to 17 on the road. 

• Like 2