2023 NFL Discussion

rico

7 minutes ago, btownqb said:

For a 6th and Zack Moss. That ain't bad. 

It’s nice! Hines contract was horrible next two years. Saving about 3-4 million each year. Moss is a bruiser and help near goal line and short yardage. I think with Jackson’s hands he made Hines expendable.

I see possible 5th rd…what’s the condition? I like that a lot.

Edited by dgambill

31 minutes ago, rico said:

I agree.  He is progressing.  Hell, he may be better than Lawrence at this point in some regards.

I think you can make a case he is the best QB in last years class - does that mean he is great? Not at this point, but he's definitely trending in the right direction. I'm not sure there is a huge difference where he is and where Hurts was this time a year ago. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

His QBR has been over 60 three of the past four games, and over 70 in two of those. That certainly is progress. 

He has played better…relative to where he was before. I can give you that. But when you barely trust your qb to throw 20 times a game I wouldn’t say that’s a ringing endorsement. They have found out how to play better given the limited things he is good at right now but I’m not going to kid myself he has turned a corner. He does get an easy schedule next 5-6 weeks so let’s see how it translates.

Edited by dgambill

25 minutes ago, dgambill said:

He has played better…relative to where he was before. I can give you that. But when you barely trust your qb to throw 20 times a game I wouldn’t say that’s a ringing endorsement. They have found out how to play better given the limited things he is good at right now but I’m not going to kid myself he has turned a corner. He does get an easy schedule next 5-6 weeks so let’s see how it translates.

I don't know Bro, Fields looks like he is turning a corner to me.  Maybe a tad biased on my part but I ain't the only one that has taken notice.  I ain't anointing him a franchise QB yet but I like what I have been watching from him.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, rico said:

I don't know Bro, Fields looks like he is turning a corner to me.  Maybe a tad biased on my part but I ain't the only one that has taken notice.  I ain't anointing him a franchise QB yet but I like what I have been watching from him.

The running has certainly helped cover up a lot of his flaws. I’d be lying if I was to change my opinion on him now after taking the stance since before he came out…but I’ve seen good coaching cover up limitations before and we will see if he is getting better or the coaches are putting him in the positions that he is best at. In the end wins are all that matters. We will see if what he gives them will be enough to win enough games and allow the staff to feel like their jobs are safe. He he doesn’t they will move on to someone else. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, D-BONE said:

Hines traded for 6th round pick? Meh. Too bad we couldn't find some sort of consistent avenue for him to contribute. Lot of talent there.

the 6 million in cap space means a lot more than the 6th rounder. Plus Moss is still on his rookie deal. The colts never knew how to use Hines.

• Like 2

On 11/2/2022 at 12:32 PM, Indykev said:

the 6 million in cap space means a lot more than the 6th rounder. Plus Moss is still on his rookie deal. The colts never knew how to use Hines.

I think they invisioned this Darren Sproles role but we never were able truely utilize him as such and honestly he is just not as good as Sproles. He just has never been as good at making people miss as he should.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I think they invisioned this Darren Sproles role but we never were able truely utilize him as such and honestly he is just not as good as Sproles. He just has never been as good at making people miss as he should.

YES!! 

Like... solid player, but meh. I'll take the pick and move on. Everyone wanted JT getting 30 touches, but then were upset that Hines didn't get the ball as much? Idk that was always confusing. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, dgambill said:

True. Hines is a straight a head running, Fast. Sproles could make guys miss, more shifty.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, btownqb said:

YES!! 

Like... solid player, but meh. I'll take the pick and move on. Everyone wanted JT getting 30 touches, but then were upset that Hines didn't get the ball as much? Idk that was always confusing. 

Yeah I don’t know about 30 touched geez that would be a lot…but I think it was the timing of some of those touches and also watching Hines run between the tackles especially in the A gap was maddening. A DLineman could just get a finger on him and he seemed to fall down.