2023 NFL Discussion

rico

21 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Richardson is laughable to think of as a pro prospect. I think Hooker is in that category, as well, but at least he is going to have an accomplished college career. 

Taking 5 of these guys in the first round, no better than they are, you can see why so many of these NFL franchises struggle year after year. 

LOL on Richardson.  It wasn't all that long ago he was a Heisman candidate...don't hear much about him now.

And I imagine that QB needy teams like rolling the dice.  But if it comes up craps they are out on a limb for a few years.  In some cases certain teams seem to come up craps several times in a row.

Edited by rico
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, rico said:

LOL on Richardson.  I wasn't all that long ago he was a Heisman candidate...don't hear much about him now.

And I imagine that QB needy teams like rolling the dice.  But if it comes up craps they are out on a limb for a few years.  In some cases certain teams seem to come up craps several times in a row.

I mean, I guess since he's a lot younger than all of these dudes he has some drawl to him? 

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Irsay has totally lost it by bringing in Jeff Saturday as interim coach.  Only coaching experience is coaching a high school team.

We are a complete laughing stock. 

And that decision bodes terribly for Ballard. He either made the call to bring in Saturday, or didn't get to make the call to bring in Saturday. 

5 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

We are a complete laughing stock. 

And that decision bodes terribly for Ballard. He either made the call to bring in Saturday, or didn't get to make the call to bring in Saturday. 

This is all a Irsay decision and Ballard probably he gone after the year. No proven coach will come here to coach if this is how Irsay is going to run things.

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

The hiring of Jeff Saturday isn't a drop in the bucket in levels of embarrassing compared to the on the field product yesterday. Not a drop in the bucket.  

I mean the entire season is embarrassing, yesterday was just the latest version of it. The GM that built this train wreck of a roster has to go too. 

6 minutes ago, btownqb said:

meaning what? 

Where he is going to make football decisions like benching Ryan for Ehlenger, firing Brady and now bringing in Saturday.  A guy like Payton or Harbaugh won't want the owner interfering with on field decisions 

Edited by IU Scott

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Irsay has totally lost it by bringing in Jeff Saturday as interim coach.  Only coaching experience is coaching a high school team.

You realize interim means temporary, right? He's just a placeholder until the season ends. Not like the Colts are playing for anything at this point. 

Edited by TheWatShot

Just now, IU Scott said:

Where jhe is going to make football decisions like benching Ryan for Ehlenger, firing Brady and now bringing in Saturday.  A guy like Payton or Harbaugh won't want the owner interfering with on field decisions 

Well Matt Ryan sucks, so that was a good move. Marcus Brady sucked at his job too, so good move. If coaches don't agree with good moves, idk what to tell them. 

"now bringing in Jeff Saturday" meaning what? 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Well Matt Ryan sucks, so that was a good move. Marcus Brady sucked at his job too, so good move. If coaches don't agree with good moves, idk what to tell them. 

"now bringing in Jeff Saturday" meaning what? 

That makes us look like a buffoon organization. You have two proven HC in your building, one which has taken two teams to the Super Bowl.

Also a coach like Payton or Harbaugh will want total control of football operations.

Edited by IU Scott

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I guess. But, the Saturday thing isn't a laughable move, it's just a move. 

Agree to disagree. He has zero head coaching experience and wasn't a formal part of the Colts organization 2 hours ago. 

That's not typically something stable organizations do when bringing in an interim leader. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, KoB2011 said:

Agree to disagree. He has zero head coaching experience and wasn't a formal part of the Colts organization 2 hours ago. 

That's not typically something stable organizations do when bringing in an interim leader. 

We aren't a stable organization and CLEARLY there is an immense amount of incompetence on the staff. 

I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted an "outside" guy to come in and objectivity look at things. Also, Saturday was a decent player... maybe he can help with our issues upfront? I just cannot believe as bad as this has been anyone would think twice about this move. 

I think I would rather have Saturday as HC and Sam at QB then what we started the season with at those spots. 

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

That makes us look like a buffoon organization. You have two proven HC in your building, one which has taken two teams to the Super Bowl.

Also a coach like Payton or Harbaugh will want total control of football operations.

The Saturday move is interesting and won’t affect any future hires unless he proves to be a viable HC. Irsay has only stepped in because of Ballard and Reich’s incompetence.