2023 NFL Discussion

rico

6 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Colts tanking for a top 10 draft pick to grab a QB.  

1. That wouldn't bother me.

2. I think, there are only two Qs I care to have... could be wrong there. Evaluating QBs is next to impossible with the camera angles we get live. 

3. It's possible Ehlinger is better than every option that isn't the QB1, QB2 in this draft class. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, btownqb said:

2. I think, there are only two Qs I care to have... could be wrong there. Evaluating QBs is next to impossible with the camera angles we get live. 

3. It's possible Ehlinger is better than every option that isn't the QB1, QB2 in this draft class. 

Well, if that is their plan, the tank has to be a good one.  Houston will absolutely take a QB.  Washington will have to as well.  Tampa needs one, and could trade up in the draft.  Can the Panthers and Lions afford to pass on a potential franchise QB?  I could even see the Rams taking one, and have him learn the system on the bench for a year, with intent on replacing Stafford in 2024.  

5 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Well, if that is their plan, the tank has to be a good one.  Houston will absolutely take a QB.  Washington will have to as well.  Tampa needs one, and could trade up in the draft.  Can the Panthers and Lions afford to pass on a potential franchise QB?  I could even see the Rams taking one, and have him learn the system on the bench for a year, with intent on replacing Stafford in 2024.  

2nd time this has happened today.... had a solid 5-6 sentence reply to your post..... go to click "submit"... and it logs me out and doesn't save the post. Annoying.

Anyways, I wouldn't think the Rams could afford to use a 1st rd pick on a QB right now. They have few playmakers and a poor OL. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, btownqb said:

2nd time this has happened today.... had a solid 5-6 sentence reply to your post..... go to click "submit"... and it logs me out and doesn't save the post. Annoying.

Anyways, I wouldn't think the Rams could afford to use a 1st rd pick on a QB right now. They have few playmakers and a poor OL. 

I didn’t think the rams even had 1st round pick….

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Or they could be tanking for the haul they could receive from other teams wanting to trade up? Similar situation for my Bears. If we think Fields is the guy....but we continue to lose we could get a ton of picks for teams wanting to move up.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Or they could be tanking for the haul they could receive from other teams wanting to trade up? Similar situation for my Bears. If we think Fields is the guy....but we continue to lose we could get a ton of picks for teams wanting to move up.

It needs to be for a QB. Kicking the can down the road isn’t working and I’m sure the next regime will want a QB to build around.

3 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Not sure how many of these QB's are sure fire franchise quarterbacks. I like Stroud and I heard some are questioning Young's size at 6'0 at 170 pounds. It seems right now Levis is more of a measurable QB over results.

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Not sure how many of these QB's are sure fire franchise quarterbacks. I like Stroud and I heard some are questioning Young's size at 6'0 at 170 pounds. It seems right now Levis is more of a measurable QB over results.

Young’s size won’t scare off much of anyone. QB height hasn’t been the factor it used to be in QB evaluations. 

41 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Media might talk about it but height didn’t scare teams off from drafting several other elite college quarterbacks. He’ll be a top 5-10 pick at worst. 

I am sure he will get stayed high but that doesn't mean success in the NFL.  They are more worried about the 170 pounds. Some scout said that only one or two QB's have been drafted at 6'0 and and as light as 170 pounds 

16 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I am sure he will get stayed high but that doesn't mean success in the NFL.  They are more worried about the 170 pounds. Some scout said that only one or two QB's have been drafted at 6'0 and and as light as 170 pounds 

I get the risk on that but someone will pull the trigger. I don’t want the Colts to end up with him but someone will.

8 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Levis would be the guy that I would want.  Funny though, he is the one that is oft injured.

On 11/4/2022 at 2:18 PM, btownqb said:

Who are the two?

On 11/4/2022 at 2:33 PM, 5fouls said:

We will probably draft in front of a lot of those teams. I'd say right now we are probably getting no worse than the fourth QB in the draft, which is still a good get in this draft IMO. 

• Like 1