2023 NFL Discussion

rico

7 minutes ago, rico said:

As for the Bears, I really don't have much to say.  They got beat and survive to play again.  Not a fan of Mitch.  I do like their chances against the Saints.

For the Colts, Reich seems to be out thinking himself quite a bit.  This bringing Brissett in all the time on 3rd and short is driving me crazy.  Don't know what to think of the Buffalo game.  

This is weird saying this as Bears fan first but if the Colts can figure out situation at QB next year....and spend the $ they have available on what has to be the greatest WR free agency class ever the Colts are positioned very well for the long haul even if they lose this week. Why wouldn't the Colts go after Allen Robinson or Chris Godwin or any of the other 10 that are available. Because if they don't I know Houston will. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

This is weird saying this as Bears fan first but if the Colts can figure out situation at QB next year....and spend the $ they have available on what has to be the greatest WR free agency class ever the Colts are positioned very well for the long haul even if they lose this week. Why wouldn't the Colts go after Allen Robinson or Chris Godwin or any of the other 10 that are available. Because if they don't I know Houston will. 

TY Hilton is in that group of free agents. Wonder if Ballard will make it a priority to resign him.

3 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

TY Hilton is in that group of free agents. Wonder if Ballard will make it a priority to resign him.

Maybe if TY gives a cheap hometown discount but there are 6-7 other guys who are just going to hit their prime that I think Ballard would be more interested in. I'm targeting Robinson and Godwin but here's the list.

JuJu Smith-Schuster, 24 Chris Godwin, 25 Curtis Samuel, 25 Corey Davis, 26 Rashard Higgins, 26 Will Fuller, 27 Kenny Golladay, 27 Allen Robinson, 28 Sammy Watkins, 28 T.Y. Hilton, 31 Marvin Jones, 31 A.J. Green, 33 Antonio Brown, 33 Larry Fitzgerald, 38

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Maybe if TY gives a cheap hometown discount but there are 6-7 other guys who are just going to hit their prime that I think Ballard would be more interested in. I'm targeting Robinson and Godwin but here's the list.

JuJu Smith-Schuster, 24 Chris Godwin, 25 Curtis Samuel, 25 Corey Davis, 26 Rashard Higgins, 26 Will Fuller, 27 Kenny Golladay, 27 Allen Robinson, 28 Sammy Watkins, 28 T.Y. Hilton, 31 Marvin Jones, 31 A.J. Green, 33 Antonio Brown, 33 Larry Fitzgerald, 38

Of these guys, if I were Ballard, I would definitely take Robinson and Fuller over T Y. Schuster is too much of a diva for my tastes. Davis and Samuel would be my next options. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Add to it the receivers in the draft.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I understand the Giants being upset with the Eagles but they were 6-10 so it is hard to really complain

Agree. If the Giants want to be mad at anyone they should be mad at themselves for being in that position to begin with. 

Eagles did what was best for their organization. Losing that game was the difference between selecting 6th in the draft or selecting 10th/11th (not sure exactly where they would have landed).

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Agree. If the Giants want to be mad at anyone they should be mad at themselves for being in that position to begin with. 

Eagles did what was best for their organization. Losing that game was the difference between selecting 6th in the draft or selecting 10th/11th (not sure exactly where they would have landed).

If I was the Eagles I would fire Pederson...

1 hour ago, rico said:

As for the Bears, I really don't have much to say.  They got beat and survive to play again.  Not a fan of Mitch.  I do like their chances against the Saints.

For the Colts, Reich seems to be out thinking himself quite a bit.  This bringing Brissett in all the time on 3rd and short is driving me crazy.  Don't know what to think of the Buffalo game.  

Even though I am a lifetime Packer fan I didn't watch much of the game. It was boring as heck. Hopefully with teams going to Lambeau it will give the Pack enough of an advantage to make it to the Super Bowl. What I wouldn't give to have the Colts vs Green Bay in the Super Bowl. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rico said:

If I was the Eagles I would fire Pederson...

I'm not opposed to giving him one more year, as he does have some equity built up with the Super Bowl win, but he was not good this year. 

He was an awful play-caller, put Wentz in a lot of bad situations, etc.

For some reason he and Wentz don't mesh. Pederson seems to thrive more as a playcaller with QB's that excel at the read-option. Wentz used to be good at that (2017) but they don't do it much since he had the knee injury. 

Foles and Hurts are both read-option guys. 

But yeah, Pederson was terrible this year. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I'm not opposed to giving him one more year, as he does have some equity built up with the Super Bowl win, but he was not good this year. 

He was an awful play-caller, put Wentz in a lot of bad situations, etc.

For some reason he and Wentz don't mesh. Pederson seems to thrive more as a playcaller with QB's that excel at the read-option. Wentz used to be good at that (2017) but they don't do it much since he had the knee injury. 

Foles and Hurts are both read-option guys. 

But yeah, Pederson was terrible this year. 

The Eagles look like a total rebuild to me.