Around the B1G/NCAA

20 minutes ago, HoagieRoll said:

Maybe, but he’s 65 now and has made a home for himself at a big university and done really well there. Idk if at this point in his career he’d want to move or given the option to move to a blue blood. Plenty of young talent out there for a UCLA or Syracuse to turn to when they look for their next coach 

Wow didn't realize he was already 65.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, CapnRon said:

Wow didn't realize he was already 65.

I go all over the place on age of coaches. What's young what's old. I mean look at Saban. He didn't win first title at LSU until he was what 51 or 52? He's 66 now and looks like he could coach another 20 years. Not really sure what my point is exactly but Beilein looks like a guy who has finally gotten to a point of really establishing himself as one of the nations best coaches. I don't see him leaving Michigan for anywhere. He has a system and a chance to end his career like Bo Ryan did. Final 4's, shot at a title,etc...

17 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

I think B is staying put. UM is now considered one of the better basketball coaching spots and he's well entrenched there with lots of success.

Well said......I would add that B left a tradition rich school to take the Wolverine job.  He is adored in Ann Arbor and rightfully so.  

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

I go all over the place on age of coaches. What's young what's old. I mean look at Saban. He didn't win first title at LSU until he was what 51 or 52? He's 66 now and looks like he could coach another 20 years. Not really sure what my point is exactly but Beilein looks like a guy who has finally gotten to a point of really establishing himself as one of the nations best coaches. I don't see him leaving Michigan for anywhere. He has a system and a chance to end his career like Bo Ryan did. Final 4's, shot at a title,etc...

I hope is career doesn't end like Bo Ryan's.

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Yeah Saban does not look 66.  Guess you don't age when you always win.

6 minutes ago, CapnRon said:

Wow you are mad lol.  You and rico must be buddies because you are both condescending as hell.  In the last 20 years, absolutely I do.

Me and Scott go along ways back........we went to different high schools together!

1 hour ago, CapnRon said:

Wow you are mad lol.  You and rico must be buddies because you are both condescending as hell.  In the last 20 years, absolutely I do.

Dude get over it. Dont be soft. 

We all ask dumb questions, no one is leaving UM for UCONN unless they went to school there. I'm sure I will ask something worse today. It'll be ok. 

Just now, btownqb said:

Dude get over it. Dont be soft. 

We all ask dumb questions, no one is leaving UM for UCONN unless they went to school there. I'm sure I will ask something worse today. It'll be ok. 

Trolls running wild on the board today.

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

I assume you didn't mean to quote me. But no.. this board doesn't really have trolls. 

If you disagree with someone's post, it isn't necessary to tell them it is dumb or call them soft.  Have some respect.  Also if you want someone to let it go, probably don't comment on it an hour after they did let it go, dude.

8 minutes ago, CapnRon said:

If you disagree with someone's post, it isn't necessary to tell them it is dumb or call them soft.  Have some respect.  Also if you want someone to let it go, probably don't comment on it an hour after they did let it go, dude.

I wasn't taking nearly as serious as you were. Posts don't express tone very well. No reason to get up in arms about the way two people responded to you though. It's going to be OK. 

Guys ease up a bit, no need to pile on. CapnRon has an opinion on the strength of the UCONN program over the past 20 years vs UM. It’s a fair opinion over the time disagreement notwithstanding. i’d say UM is a much stronger program now and has just as much history, but under Calhoun (who frankly engaged in a lot of dirty and improper recruiting and cheating), UCONN was strong. Now though not so much. Let’s not call each others’ posts dumb though, instead just say why you disagree or why you think the opinion isn’t well grounded thx 

3 hours ago, CapnRon said:

Coaches would still pick UM instead of UCONN if they had the choice of the two.  Since UCONN left the big east it is not the job it use to be so coaching in the big ten is far better than the conference that UCONN is in.

1 hour ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Guys ease up a bit, no need to pile on. CapnRon has an opinion on the strength of the UCONN program over the past 20 years vs UM. It’s a fair opinion over the time disagreement notwithstanding. i’d say UM is a much stronger program now and has just as much history, but under Calhoun (who frankly engaged in a lot of dirty and improper recruiting and cheating), UCONN was strong. Now though not so much. Let’s not call each others’ posts dumb though, instead just say why you disagree or why you think the opinion isn’t well grounded thx 

I thought I did a good job of that?  

Archived