ESPN and IU Bias

IUFLA

It’s even funny it’s almost all big ten. Look at the scores they post on home page of espn for basketball. Very rarely are big ten scores on it. Even for ranked games. Yet crappy ACC and SEC games are on the scoreboard. Just something I’ve noticed. But I think IU was getting publicity when we were doing really well with crean. I think it’s more of a product of us not being elite anymore. 

And I haven’t watched ANYTHING on espn besides an actual game. Sportscenter and all the talking heads are just bating eachother to get ratings and/or political agenda crap. I just wanna see highlights. Lol. 

Like several have mentioned, I watch a lot less ESPN than I used to.  Was first exposed to them back in the '80's watching college world series games.  Then they got huge and were a cash machine.  Then they got stupid and dove into politics, alienating about half of their viewers.  Sure, those viewers still watch games on ESPN, but for the most part, those viewers have tuned out sports center and commentary shows to avoid politics that have infected ESPN.  I've heard that ESPN has taken steps to tone down the politics in their broadcasting, but for many, it's too little too late.  My personal opinion is that it will take ESPN a long time to recover from those bad decisions, if they ever do.  It was very tone deaf to assume that (1) all or even most of their viewers agreed with their politics and (2) viewers, even if they agreed with ESPN's politics wanted political commentary on their sports channel.

I remember when ESPN came on the air.  I was a big follower.  Through the years my "patience" waned and I slowly put it on the back burner of my viewing choices.  The last show I enjoyed was "Mike and Mike" and they f$%%ed that up too.  Just watch games on it...when I have to.

47 minutes ago, rico said:

I remember when ESPN came on the air.  I was a big follower.  Through the years my "patience" waned and I slowly put it on the back burner of my viewing choices.  The last show I enjoyed was "Mike and Mike" and they f$%%ed that up too.  Just watch games on it...when I have to.

Man, how they messed up M&M was a bummer. Last time I watched it with Wingo, they were blasting air horns all morning and being all kinds of wacky. It was unwatchable. 

As for ESPN in general, there just isn't a real need for it now. When they were huge, they were almost literally the only game in town for sports news - I can remember Sportscenter being as important to watch every night as Letterman. Now, I can get info in seconds on my phone, and there's just little to no need for ESPN.

18 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Concerning their iu bias.  Remember when they replayed the Watshot about a million and fifty times and CTC failed to keep the ball rolling after Cody and Vic graduated?  Yeah that free advertising was really biased against us.  :coffee:

Only because Sage Steele had one of those 4 inch nails pressed against the producers jugular saying, "Play it again!"

Archived