Smartphones

IUFLA

On 3/13/2020 at 9:09 AM, IUFLA said:

Mile's joking response (thanks Mile...I'm always wracking my brain to think of content for the Animal House) to my statement about the Gas Buddy app in the Gas Prices thread got me thinking (dangerous, I know)

I've pretty much turned my life over to my phone...I pay bills on it, bank on it, pay for good and services, use Android Auto for navigation in my car, book reservations at restaurants, and for flights and hotels, send and receive emails and text, and, oh yeah, make phone calls...

I have a couple of laptops and a couple of tablets that I hardly ever use, since I can do pretty much anything they can do with the device I keep in my pocket...

How about any of you? Are you a smartphone addict like me?

My wife is addicted to her iphone. I have one, but rarely use it except for actual calls/texts and checking the weather. I still use my laptop for most of my online banking, work, and everything else. There are many times I hate "being available" all the time.

21 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

My wife is addicted to her iphone. I have one, but rarely use it except for actual calls/texts and checking the weather. I still use my laptop for most of my online banking, work, and everything else. There are many times I hate "being available" all the time.

Wife, and son have smart phones.  As I have posted I have a flip phone. Which I rarely use.  We continue to have a land line, as we get poor cell service from Verizon at our house. Verizon wanted to put up a cell tower at a park at the end of our block. But our HOA denied it.   I pay nearly 100% of our bills using our land line.

Fritz. I want to thank you for being a Hoosier Sports Nation member.

18 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Wife, and son have smart phones.  As I have posted I have a flip phone. Which I rarely use.  We continue to have a land line, as we get poor cell service from Verizon at our house. Verizon wanted to put up a cell tower at a park at the end of our block. But our HOA denied it.   I pay nearly 100% of our bills using our land line.

Fritz. I want to thank you for being a Hoosier Sports Nation member.

Thanks Mile and thanks for the information you often provide! Glad to be here!

17 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

That's because your finger kept slipping out of the hole and you'd have to hang up and start over again!

That's true.  That is ....miss dialing on those phones. I remember getting the wrong number all the time. And having to apologize for getting a wrong number.

Related to that. Remember when the phone company sent us phone books every year ?  And we would have to check the phone book, before calling someone or place ?

1 minute ago, milehiiu said:

That's true.  That is ....miss dialing on those phones. I remember getting the wrong number all the time. And having to apologize for getting a wrong number.

Related to that. Remember when the phone company sent us phone books every year ?  And we would have to check the phone book, before calling someone or place ?

Here in rural GA, they still sent out phone books until about 4 years ago!

Just now, milehiiu said:

Yep, remember all that...also remember every phone number having an exchange prefix...

Still remember our number in Martinsville...Dickens 2-6077

3 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Yep, remember all that...also remember every phone number having an exchange prefix...

Still remember our number in Martinsville...Dickens 2-6077

Yep. Before area codes.  And as for miss dialing on those old phones. That was before messaging. And people actually answered their phones, when it rang.

16 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

And look for funny names. 

41 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Mile if you lived in a rural community, after misdialing you still would have had a half hour conversation because everybody personally knew everybody back then!

Archived