Taking a guess at our 20-21 Single Plays

So with Purdue a protected rivalry all teams(12) have come up as a single play so far.  It would make sense to repeat the first year teams but switch home versus away. And same with year 2 in year 4. 

That way every 4 years teams play a total of 6 times at least with 3 home and 3 away. 

19-20 - Home: Northwestern, Michigan State, Iowa

19-20 - Away: Rutgers, Michigan, Illinois

18-19 - Home: Nebraska, Ohio State, Wisconsin

18-19 - Away: Penn State, Minnesota, Maryland

So my guess for our single plays next year are 

Home: Penn State, Minnesota, Maryland 

Away: Nebraska, Ohio State, Wisconsin

Series with: Illinois, Northwestern, Purdue, Iowa, Michigan State, Rutgers, Michigan 

Looks to be a tough schedule. Especially if Garza and Langford both come back. We play the 3 favorites for the conference 5 times with the 5th being a road game. 

Illinois(kofi is wildcard), Purdue, Northwestern and Michigan could all be programs struggling a bit. So series against them could be useful. 

4 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

So with Purdue a protected rivalry all teams(12) have come up as a single play so far.  It would make sense to repeat the first year teams but switch home versus away. And same with year 2 in year 4. 

That way every 4 years teams play a total of 6 times at least with 3 home and 3 away. 

19-20 - Home: Northwestern, Michigan State, Iowa

19-20 - Away: Rutgers, Michigan, Illinois

18-19 - Home: Nebraska, Ohio State, Wisconsin

18-19 - Away: Penn State, Minnesota, Maryland

So my guess for our single plays next year are 

Home: Penn State, Minnesota, Maryland 

Away: Nebraska, Ohio State, Wisconsin

Series with: Illinois, Northwestern, Purdue, Iowa, Michigan State, Rutgers, Michigan 

Looks to be a tough schedule. Especially if Garza and Langford both come back. We play the 3 favorites for the conference 5 times with the 5th being a road game. 

Illinois(kofi is wildcard), Purdue, Northwestern and Michigan could all be programs struggling a bit. So series against them could be useful. 

I'm not sure which way this is going to go and maybe I'm giving the Big 10 conference a little more credit for being forward thinking...but my guess you might see single plays be the teams furthest from you because of fear of travel by planes. Real or not....I could see us for example in those first 2 December games and front half of January games be vs teams we could bus back and forth. Purdue, Illinois, Ohio St,etc....because of wanting to reduce travel for Covid concerns. 

I don't want to get into the whole should we planning for covid concerns next January talk...I'm just saying these schedules are put together by August. I could see a very front end loaded easy travel schedule....and our single games would be the teams furthest from us (Nebraska, Minnesota, Rutgers, Maryland, Penn St,etc...).

This is just what I thought of in 5 minutes after reading your points. Hopefully the Big 10 employs smarter folks than I.

19 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm not sure which way this is going to go and maybe I'm giving the Big 10 conference a little more credit for being forward thinking...but my guess you might see single plays be the teams furthest from you because of fear of travel by planes. Real or not....I could see us for example in those first 2 December games and front half of January games be vs teams we could bus back and forth. Purdue, Illinois, Ohio St,etc....because of wanting to reduce travel for Covid concerns. 

I don't want to get into the whole should we planning for covid concerns next January talk...I'm just saying these schedules are put together by August. I could see a very front end loaded easy travel schedule....and our single games would be the teams furthest from us (Nebraska, Minnesota, Rutgers, Maryland, Penn St,etc...).

This is just what I thought of in 5 minutes after reading your points. Hopefully the Big 10 employs smarter folks than I.

That’s a good point. Hadn’t taken Covid into account that could change their thought process. Good call. 

Archived