Iowa Post Game Thread

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

19.9 seconds left in to the game,when coach installs "Priller time" ?  When the game was won long before then ?  And then to stall the ball to end the game ?  Come on coach, we fans need our "Priller time ".  Really. Could have installed him before you did.  Highly disappointed in you...... LOL

Dear God teach this team to shoot free throws, lol.

I had to miss most of the second half, but unfortunately not until they let Iowa close to within 6. Good grief.

However, our guys won. They scrapped it out and got the W. That matters. They didn't fall apart, they dealt with the run and the ridiculous FT shooting and got the W.

But please, spend some time working on freaking free throws!

The Box - so in fairness the awful FT shooting that I remember was all Davis. And as commented above he shot fine from the line last season. Has to be mental, or he just needs to "tweak" his form. But work on it big man, work on it.

STARTERS MIN FG 3PT FT OREB DREB REB AST STL BLK TO PF PTS
J. MorganF -- 6-9 0-1 3-4 4 6 10 0 2 1 1 3 15
D. DavisF -- 5-11 0-0 3-9 4 2 6 1 2 4 2 0 13
A. DurhamG -- 3-7 1-3 0-0 1 1 2 0 1 0 1 3 7
J. NewkirkG -- 2-5 1-1 1-2 2 5 7 1 2 0 1 0 6
R. JohnsonG -- 2-9 1-6 4-4 0 7 7 3 1 0 2 1 9
BENCH MIN FG 3PT FT OREB DREB REB AST STL BLK TO PF PTS
C. MooreF -- 0-1 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0
J. SmithF -- 0-4 0-0 0-0 1 1 2 1 0 1 1 0 0
F. McSwain Jr.F -- 0-1 0-0 0-0 0 2 2 1 0 0 0 2 0
C. HartmanF -- 4-9 3-6 2-2 0 5 5 2 1 0 0 2 13
Z. McRobertsG -- 1-2 0-0 0-0 1 1 2 1 1 0 0 2 2
J. JagerG -- 0-0 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
D. GreenG -- 4-8 2-4 2-2 1 1 2 4 1 0 2 2 12
TEAM   27-66 8-21 15-23 16 31 47 14 11 6 10 16 77

3 minutes ago, Indykev said:

We lead the nation in air balls.

DeRon missed hitting the rim by a foot.

And missed the next one way long and left. After banking one in during the first half.

It's like when I play golf. If I slice every single drive - that's not good, but at least I can plan for it. If I walk on to the tee with no idea where it's going to go - now I've got a real problem.

1 minute ago, milehiiu said:

19.9 seconds left in to the game,when coach installs "Priller time" ?  When the game was won long before then ?  And then to stall the ball to end the game ?  Come on coach, we fans need our "Priller time ".  Really. Could have installed him before you did.  Highly disappointed in you...... LOL

Doesn't the circus come to Denver so you can see the clowns there?

2 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

I had to miss most of the second half, but unfortunately not until they let Iowa close to within 6. Good grief.

However, our guys won. They scrapped it out and got the W. That matters. They didn't fall apart, they dealt with the run and the ridiculous FT shooting and got the W.

According to reliable sources.... Archie in fact had some working on free throws prior to the game. De'Ron was one of those.  Very apparent to me, as one who has watched De'Ron since 8th grade and into his first year at IU.... that it is a mental problem.  He can hit threes.  I suggest that the staff, not make it an issue of it....and let De'Ron, become De'Ron.  Perhaps let De"Ron have a Christmas break.....seeing as how he did not take the summer off, like others on the team.  The kid has been working his ass off.  And the pressure has been on. Give him a break.  I think that is what he needs..... plus some of his mom's home cooking.  

4 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

According to reliable sources.... Archie in fact had some working on free throws prior to the game. De'Ron was one of those.  Very apparent to me, as one who has watched De'Ron since 8th grade and into his first year at IU.... that it is a mental problem.  He can hit threes.  I suggest that the staff, not make it an issue of it....and let De'Ron, become De'Ron.  Perhaps let De"Ron have a Christmas break.....seeing as how he did not take the summer off, like others on the team.  The kid has been working his ass off.  And the pressure has been on. Give him a break.  I think that is what he needs..... plus some of his mom's home cooking.  

I know you love DeRon, but man he needs to work on his FT's, he's a D1 player at IU, and a seriously promising soph, no breaks, just work on it, including the mental side. I'm betting he's a fighter, he'll get there, with the work.

7 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Doesn't the circus come to Denver so you can see the clowns there?

Actually, for years we went to Barnum and Bailey every year at the stock show stadium.Started when my son was an infant, and continued to many years later.   Got tickets in August for October. They would send me offerings  via e-mail.  Front row seats.  Got there  early, for the performances, per their advice. Long before the regular fans arrived. And the clowns put on a private show just for us. Got to know and love many of them. They would talk to us, unlike during the show. And remember us from previous years.  Sadly, B and B closed up their tent last year.  So....no.... no more clowns in Denver for me. 

19 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Thoughts and prayers for our free throw shooting. If that doesn't work, practice will. 

Archived