Luke Combs

• 6 months later...
On 9/1/2023 at 10:45 AM, Drroogh said:

Just heard on the radio his version of Fast Cars. The DJ talked about a 4 year old boy asking his dad how everyone in the stadium knew the words to his favorite song? It was then it hit me why I knew the song! It was written by one of my favorite obscure artists Tracy Chapman!

People were saying it was racist that a white country singer stole a gay black woman’s song and now it’s famous….how out of clue are these people?? That song has already been famous once…literally was song of the year when it came out….and Tracy is crying all the way to the bank again once over from the royalties thanks to Luke bringing it back to another generation.

50 minutes ago, dgambill said:

People were saying it was racist that a white country singer stole a gay black woman’s song and now it’s famous….how out of clue are these people?? That song has already been famous once…literally was song of the year when it came out….and Tracy is crying all the way to the bank again once over from the royalties thanks to Luke bringing it back to another generation.

Somebody should record more of the songs off that album ("Tracy Chapman")... "Talkin' Bout a Revolution" comes to mind ... The LP did win a couple of Grammys if I'm not mistaken...I was in Greenland when it came out, and it was big there 🙂

As for the criticism, that's just the squeaky wheels wanting their grease...I pay little attention to that crowd anymore... 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Somebody should record more of the songs off that album ("Tracy Chapman")... "Talkin' Bout a Revolution" comes to mind ... The LP did win a couple of Grammys if I'm not mistaken...I was in Greenland when it came out, and it was big there 🙂

As for the criticism, that's just the squeaky wheels wanting their grease...I pay little attention to that crowd anymore... 

I remember one of my customers had a post on their cubicle wall. “The squeaky wheel doesn’t always get the grease, sometimes it gets replaced!”

• Like 2