1986 UNC vs Maryland

Watching the game tonight on ESPN,  fun to see basketball at that level.  Of course the Len Bias story dominates this game.  My impressions of basketball in 1986 is that not one of these players would survive in today's game.  Not because of talent, but they all look skinny! Major changes to the game has been weight training and how much more contact there is todayl

It was a prettier game back then

23 minutes ago, IUalum said:

Watching the game tonight on ESPN,  fun to see basketball at that level.  Of course the Len Bias story dominates this game.  My impressions of basketball in 1986 is that not one of these players would survive in today's game.  Not because of talent, but they all look skinny! Major changes to the game has been weight training and how much more contact there is todayl

Back then players used basketball skills over athletic ability.  Also Len Bias is ad athletic as anyone we see in today's game.  Steph Curry and Kevin Durant are not big and they do quite well in today's game.

On 6/2/2020 at 9:10 PM, IU Scott said:

Back then players used basketball skills over athletic ability.  Also Len Bias is ad athletic as anyone we see in today's game.  Steph Curry and Kevin Durant are not big and they do quite well in today's game.

Curry can/could shoot from anywhere on the floor at around 45% and Durant is a 7' freak athlete who can shoot from anywhere.  

Not really good examples but i see your point

On 6/2/2020 at 9:45 PM, IUalum said:

Skinny guys and no 3 pt. shot......ah, the good ole days.

Archived