From the where are they now file. Thomas Bryant.

I do love how he has been able to get a role after working through the G League his rookie year. I know Crean's last year was a mess for a bunch of reasons but when he dropped from being a projected lottery pick right after his freshman season to being a definite second round pick when he actually went to the draft, it had me worried about how he would do in the NBA. Still think it's crazy he had that one game last year where he shot 14-14 from the field

1 hour ago, PritchardPutBack said:

. Still think it's crazy he had that one game last year where he shot 14-14 from the field

I would think that is the kind of stuff that will get the attention of General Managers in the league.

Bryant is one of my favorite Hoosiers of the past decade.  This is a guy with a good motor, who worked his rear ended off, and displayed tremendous enthusiasm.  The amount of improvement he has shown—even continuing into his pro career—proves his work ethic. 

That recruiting class (Anunoby, Bryant, Morgan) will always be one of my all time favorites.  Kudos to Tom Crean for putting that class together.  

23 hours ago, PritchardPutBack said:

I do love how he has been able to get a role after working through the G League his rookie year. I know Crean's last year was a mess for a bunch of reasons but when he dropped from being a projected lottery pick right after his freshman season to being a definite second round pick when he actually went to the draft, it had me worried about how he would do in the NBA. Still think it's crazy he had that one game last year where he shot 14-14 from the field

Thing that is always weird to me with Bryant is this. He's still just 22. Even though it feels like he's been gone forever that's how young he was at IU. Glad he got his lifetime $ so at the very least if anything happens from here he got $25M.

5 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Thing that is always weird to me with Bryant is this. He's still just 22. Even though it feels like he's been gone forever that's how young he was at IU. Glad he got his lifetime $ so at the very least if anything happens from here he got $25M.

Yeah he was young for the grade he was suppose to be in. He had just turned 17 when his FR year started. 

On 6/6/2020 at 9:03 AM, PritchardPutBack said:

He was never a projected lottery pick. Very few, if any were surprised he returned. 

1 hour ago, TheWatShot said:

He was never a projected lottery pick. Very few, if any were surprised he returned. 

I'm talking about the early projections for the 2017 draft (one after his sophomore year that he went into) in the off-season between his freshman and sophomore year. Not saying he was projected to be a one-and-done lottery pick

10 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

And this is why these kids want to get to the nba so soon...even if their game isn’t fully evolved. They can be set for life before they can drink. Hard to begrudge them that. 

10 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Scott, you have a call on line #1....

1 hour ago, PritchardPutBack said:

I'm talking about the early projections for the 2017 draft (one after his sophomore year that he went into) in the off-season between his freshman and sophomore year. Not saying he was projected to be a one-and-done lottery pick

Ah, ok. I honestly don't remember him ever being projected that high, but beating UK, Kansas and UNC in the same calendar year probably helped his stock. 

2 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

In today's NBA, 22 is a grown a$$ man. Anything over 30 is considered old, and if you're over 35, you're geriatric. 

This is true, but... its not their prime. I think we could expect another 1.5p, 1r added to his avg during his "prime 3 years"... so like 14p 7r 3a 1b. 

Thats pretty solid numbers. It could happen. 

Archived