Politics and college sports

10 hours ago, macomb hoosier said:

Kids should bring guns to school to learn about the second amendment as well.

In Kentucky where I lived the High school had a skeet team and a fishing team. What’s wrong with that. In Indiana where I grew up i took hunters and boating education in my school and the instructor a DNR official brought in guns that we learned with.

38 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Back to op, I dont think this is the best time to be alienating big donors. College is supposed to be about education, and it takes money. 

Suppose to be...but it’s more about money then education for a great majority of them...so yes even less a reason to alienate your investors.

Why is it not OK for someone like Ivanka to get an invitation to speak, but fine for someone like Marshawn  Lynch, or some Hollywood celebrity to receive the same?  If you don't like the speaker or what he/she may say, either don't come, don't listen or get up and leave.  But protesting, or trying to stop someone from speaking will never do you or anyone else any good.  Free speech, that is not intentionally intended to hurt or incite, is a foundation of our democratic society.  The idea that only those who agree with what you think should be allowed to speak is what fascism, Nazism and totalitarianism are all about.  We do not yet have that here in the United States, despite the nonsense being spread about our current president.  Good or bad, warts (and there are many) and all, if he were truly an autocrat or a dictator, the current protests in the street would never be allowed to continue, people like AOC , Ilhan Omar, Nancy Pelosi, etc would be thrown in jail or shot, and what's going on in Seattle would have been terminated quickly.  Free speech should never be taken for granted or subjugated to the will or whim of anybody, rich or poor.  Without a free exchange of ideas, what do we have left?

Archived