CBK's special relationship with Stew Robinson

Great article, Mike.  I enjoyed it.  It was away from the typical story.  

Stew was on those IU teams when I was in high school.  I always liked him, number 22. Madison Heights has had some good players come out of there as you mentioned.  Another guy who gets forgotten is Harry Morgan.  He played with Larry Bird at ISU for a couple of years leading into the year of their big NCAA run.  Harry averaged like 17-18 and they were billed as the Larry and Harry show.

One time I was playing ball at the HPER well after Stew graduated.  He was very solid at this point.  I was on the court across from Stew’s. They were shooting between games and one ball (not Stew’s) rolled onto our court,  and some cocky young guy (undergrad) said to Stew in a dismissive way “watch it with the balls rolling onto our court.”

Stew was incredulous and said, “what?  $&#@ you!!!!”   The tone and attitude were awesome and the cocky kid had it coming.  He is lucky Stew didn’t break him in half.  I don’t think he had any idea who Stew was.

13 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Great article, Mike.  I enjoyed it.  It was away from the typical story.  

Stew was on those IU teams when I was in high school.  I always liked him, number 22. Madison Heights has had some good players come out of there as you mentioned.  Another guy who gets forgotten is Harry Morgan.  He played with Larry Bird at ISU for a couple of years leading into the year of their big NCAA run.  Harry averaged like 17-18 and they were billed as the Larry and Harry show.

One time I was playing ball at the HPER well after Stew graduated.  He was very solid at this point.  I was on the court across from Stew’s. They were shooting between games and one ball (not Stew’s) rolled onto our court,  and some cocky young guy (undergrad) said to Stew in a dismissive way “watch it with the balls rolling onto our court.”

Stew was incredulous and said, “what?  $&#@ you!!!!”   The tone and attitude were awesome and the cocky kid had it coming.  He is lucky Stew didn’t break him in half.  I don’t think he had any idea who Stew was.

Thanks, I am glad you liked it.  Yes, I knew Stew lived down in Bloomington after he graduated for a while.  Interesting side note, Blake Wesley's dad Derrick lived down there too and he and Stew were good friends at the time.  Might have been on that court balling with Stew that day at the HPER.  If only you would have known you could have started the recruitment!

Archived