High School Hoops '20-'21

10 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Just turned on channel 40 in Indy and they are showing Westfield and Noblesville.  i have not seen Braden Smith before so I will see what I think of his game.  He doesn't look so small to me and probably isn't any smaller than Hulls was in high school.

So far i am pretty impressed with Smith since they are up 30-9 with 5 to go in the second quarter.  Smith has 20 points and 5 steals which lead to 4 break away layups for him.  This game is on tape delay so this is old news if you know who won.

• Like 3

I hear Smith plays fairly boisterously, if that's the word.  Very cocky is how a local coach described him.  3 fingers in the air down the court, shooting guns in the air and holstering his fingers lol, shushing the crowd, and talking at opposing coaches.  

Huge IU fan as well, flat out doesn't like him.  Said he's a kid that would end up at Purdue.  Two years in a row has said his teammate is the better player.  

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I hear Smith plays fairly boisterously, if that's the word.  Very cocky is how a local coach described him.  3 fingers in the air down the court, shooting guns in the air and holstering his fingers lol, shushing the crowd, and talking at opposing coaches.  

Huge IU fan as well, flat out doesn't like him.  Said he's a kid that would end up at Purdue.  Two years in a row has said his teammate is the better player.  

Don't want cocky but we need some guys with some attitude.  This is the first time I have watched him but he needs to get an offer from IU,  He is a hard nose guard who has gotten a lot of steals.  Also he hasn't been a ball hog and has made some very good passes.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Just turned on channel 40 in Indy and they are showing Westfield and Noblesville.  i have not seen Braden Smith before so I will see what I think of his game.  He doesn't look so small to me and probably isn't any smaller than Hulls was in high school.

Extremely similar ...strikingly actually 

17 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Don't want cocky but we need some guys with some attitude.  This is the first time I have watched him but he needs to get an offer from IU,  He is a hard nose guard who has gotten a lot of steals.  Also he hasn't been a ball hog and has made some very good passes.

He is an amazing passer ...absolutely outstanding from what I’ve watched 

After watching this game there is no doubt that Smith should get an offer from IU.  To me he is a TJ McConnell with a lot better shot.  He gets into you on defense and caused a lot of turnovers which lead to layups.  It was nice seeing a high school game that had a lot of points with Westfield winning 81-74/  at half it was 38-19 s both teams score a lot in the second half.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

Yo rico ...since busco finally got central noble ....do THEY have any height to give Blackhawk a game ????

'Busco has a 6-8 kid that is their star.  His name is Landen Jordan.  But I would hold off on naming them sectional champs.  Central Noble, Westview, and 'Busco got all the pub.  I would be surprised to see Eastside win that sectional now.  The Blazers are 17-7 and play in the same conference as the "favorites."

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

I'm not rico, but nobody in 2A North is coming within 25 of Blackhawk. 

From the teams that I follow, Central Noble was the best shot to give them a game.  I guess I will root for 'Busco and Rochester to get 'em now.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Saw where Blackhawk coach has been diagnosed with cancer and it apparently has spread to his lungs .  

I posted an article about it earlier in the week.  My understanding is that Davidson had a kidney removed before the season started because of cancer.  Just not good at all.  My thoughts and prayers go out to the Blackhawk family.  I do believe his son is a starting guard on the squad.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 3/4/2021 at 11:08 AM, IUwins0708 said:

South Ripley sparked Greensburg a week ago.  If they play like that then I don’t see SD standing much of a chance.  I guess that’s why they 

South Decatur knocks off 21-1 South Ripley 64-62 and will face Triton Central for the Sectional Championship.  Good Luck Cougars!!

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, IU Scott said:

After watching this game there is no doubt that Smith should get an offer from IU.  To me he is a TJ McConnell with a lot better shot.  He gets into you on defense and caused a lot of turnovers which lead to layups.  It was nice seeing a high school game that had a lot of points with Westfield winning 81-74/  at half it was 38-19 s both teams score a lot in the second half.

Scotty I actually wouldn’t mind ...not sure about the attitude but from what I’ve watched he is what I think we are missing ( more emphasis on basketball skill than athleticism ) he can shoot handle the ball and play other people open.  I watched hulls several times in high school and I think they are awful similar but I do think it’s worth noting that if you thought brown would be a defensive liability in big ten play it’s the exact same boat for smith ...you willing to overlook that after watching our last year and a half of iu basketball ?

8 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

I'm not rico, but nobody in 2A North is coming within 25 of Blackhawk. 

I wasn’t familiar enough with the northern teams to know ....the problem is I AM familiar with 2A south and I think the same is true there and it includes my Bruins and Luke brown 😔.  I will say though I watched barr Reeve and shanandoah both take them to overtime right after Blackford and shanandoah played to overtime.  Kids 6’5 or bigger that don’t mind to be aggressive and physical and a deep group of team oriented basketball players can give them a game.  Not sure if linton Stockton covenant Christian on the opposite side can do that shanandoah has proved they can

2 hours ago, rico said:

From the teams that I follow, Central Noble was the best shot to give them a game.  I guess I will root for 'Busco and Rochester to get 'em now.

Lol don’t be rooting for Rochester Rico let’s go busco Blackford for their tough tests ....what was the central noble matchup you liked if busco has a solid 6’8’ player ? Is noble significantly deeper ?

4 minutes ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

Lol don’t be rooting for Rochester Rico let’s go busco Blackford for their tough tests ....what was the central noble matchup you liked if busco has a solid 6’8’ player ? Is noble significantly deeper ?

CN has 2 guards that can flat out shoot it.  Both 6-4.  The also have a guy that is 6-6.  

All for not as 'Busco moves on.

I have to root for the Zebras.  Rochester is in Whitko's conference.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rico said:

CN has 2 guards that can flat out shoot it.  Both 6-4.  The also have a guy that is 6-6.  

All for not as 'Busco moves on.

I have to root for the Zebras.  Rochester is in Whitko's conference.

Fair enough ....question then ....Blackford and Rochester in regional scenario ....does that mean I’m finally getting you to a Luke brown game sir  ?  Lapel is probably a solid drive for you but should be a good show 

Just now, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

Gotta take Carmel right ?

Yep. Have Carmel blood in my family dating back to the 50's so will definitely be pulling for them.

Very curious about Braden though. I get why he isn't getting P5 offers yet but everything about his game/moxy I like. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Yep. Have Carmel blood in my family dating back to the 50's so will definitely be pulling for them.

Very curious about Braden though. I get why he isn't getting P5 offers yet but everything about his game/moxy I like. 

I’m on the same page I think he and hulls are very similar and you guys know I’m a huge brown fan ....I think a guy or two like that on a roster helps balance a team 

• Like 1