High School Hoops '20-'21

6 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Did not get to really watch the stream.  Had some other things going on and missed 95% of the game.  I do know Silver Creek won 73-61.  Hopefully will get to watch the stream tonight.  

How is TK playing this year? I know how things and mean this genuinely....work but since he announced for Purdue I can honestly say I haven't read an article or blurp about him at all here in the Indy area. 

Good luck rest of the way!

6 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

How is TK playing this year? I know how things and mean this genuinely....work but since he announced for Purdue I can honestly say I haven't read an article or blurp about him at all here in the Indy area. 

Good luck rest of the way!

He's had a pretty big year.  Missed the first 5 games of the year due to a foot/ankle.  Averaging about 28 26 and 13 12..  Probably the leader for Mr. Basketball.  Caleb Furst and Luke Brown will be his main competition.  Don't know how he finished the game tonight, but had 20 and 7 at half.  

Edit.  Looked it up and his averages are 26 and 12 going into tonight's game.

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

Also Jeff ..I didn’t ask ...you were having a procedure around this time last year ...all go well ? Able to catch any games now that restrictions are being partially lifted ?

Thank you for asking.

I was supposed to have hip replacement surgery in March 2020 but it got cancelled until June 2020. The surgery went well and I was back on my feet immediately. My wife had me mowing the yard 5 days after surgery.

We are still in lockdown in Michigan. Unfortunately I never made it to any games this past year. My goal was to get to see Brown but something always came up. 

I wish he was playing for the Hoosiers next year. I have no doubts he could help them. He is a very special and talented young man.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

So Yogi's 2012 Park Tudor team must have been despised by many. 

Don't know, I don't live in that area. I can tell you that Fort Wayne Canterbury's girls program wasn't real popular among fans and coaches when they were poaching area players and racking up 1A titles in the late 2000's/early 2010's. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jefftheref said:

Thank you for asking.

I was supposed to have hip replacement surgery in March 2020 but it got cancelled until June 2020. The surgery went well and I was back on my feet immediately. My wife had me mowing the yard 5 days after surgery.

We are still in lockdown in Michigan. Unfortunately I never made it to any games this past year. My goal was to get to see Brown but something always came up. 

I wish he was playing for the Hoosiers next year. I have no doubts he could help them. He is a very special and talented young man.

Lol wives have a way of forcing us to heal 😂😂😂 Im glad to hear it went well my friend ! What part of MI again ? I may have told you but my parents have a lake house in/ near coldwater and I spent a lot of time there growing up .....if you’re feeling cooped up there are some good hotels near lapel next weekend !

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

He's had a pretty big year.  Missed the first 5 games of the year due to a foot/ankle.  Averaging about 28 26 and 13 12..  Probably the leader for Mr. Basketball.  Caleb Furst and Luke Brown will be his main competition.  Don't know how he finished the game tonight, but had 20 and 7 at half.  

Edit.  Looked it up and his averages are 26 and 12 going into tonight's game.

I think if Furst and Kaufman both win championship it’s kaufman...if one wins and the other doesn’t it’s the winner ...if neither does brown has to advance farther than both ( if not win ) AND break 3000.  Barnhizer could win if both lose and he wins state ( which isn’t possible )  barnhizer has had the best overall season of all four this year 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

Lol wives have a way of forcing us to heal 😂😂😂 Im glad to hear it went well my friend ! What part of MI again ? I may have told you but my parents have a lake house in/ near coldwater and I spent a lot of time there growing up .....if you’re feeling cooped up there are some good hotels near lapel next weekend !

I live in Portage which is just outside of Kalamazoo.

I have a sister that lives in Hartford City. I should of came down but it just didn't work out.l

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Don't know, I don't live in that area. I can tell you that Fort Wayne Canterbury's girls program wasn't real popular among fans and coaches when they were poaching area players and racking up 1A titles in the late 2000's/early 2010's. 

Didn't that school start out as a place for the ultra rich to send their kids?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rico said:

Didn't that school start out as a place for the ultra rich to send their kids?

Probably. A kid in my sister's class transferred there because apparently his academic "ability" was beyond everyone else at our dumb little public school. 

I played in chess tournaments in Fort Wayne growing up (don't judge--I played basketball too), and Canterbury always had tons of kids there. They had a flipping kindergartner that won the 3rd-5th grade division. 

At the risk of getting any nerdier or further off topic, yes, it's a school for rich people. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Probably. A kid in my sister's class transferred there because apparently his academic "ability" was beyond everyone else at our dumb little public school. 

I played in chess tournaments in Fort Wayne growing up (don't judge--I played basketball too), and Canterbury always had tons of kids there. They had a flipping kindergartner that won the 3rd-5th grade division. 

At the risk of getting any nerdier or further off topic, yes, it's a school for rich people. 

Easy there scooter....I still play chess!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jefftheref said:

I live in Portage which is just outside of Kalamazoo.

I have a sister that lives in Hartford City. I should of came down but it just didn't work out.l

That’s crazy ...I know portage well ....we use kazoo for Costco / movie theatre / at home ( home decore place comparable to mackey arena/ hell ) in my twenties made several trips with my college buddies and may have ended up at deja vu 🤷🏼‍♂️ ( just driving by)