High School Hoops '20-'21

14 hours ago, jefftheref said:

I used to live very close to the Northside Gym back in the 70's. I played a ton of  ball with Jim Smith and Ron Powers. I believe they were both Indiana All-stars and ended up going to Furman.

I was born in Goshen.  Had cousins that went to Concord.  

That old gym holds some memories for me. '79, '80, and '81 to be specific.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, rico said:

I was born in Goshen.  Had cousins that went to Concord.  

That old gym holds some memories for me. '79, '80, and '81 to be specific.

I lived in Elkhart from 1973-1975. Worked in a plant on Industrial Parkway. I was a victim if the Arab Oil Embargo and the recession. It killed the mobile home industry. 

I loved fishing in the St. Joe River in Bristol and by 6 Span Bridge. Outstanding channel cat and small mouth fishing.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

I lived in Elkhart from 1973-1975. Worked in a plant on Industrial Parkway. I was a victim if the Arab Oil Embargo and the recession. It killed the mobile home industry. 

I loved fishing in the St. Joe River in Bristol and by 6 Span Bridge. Outstanding channel cat and small mouth fishing.

Well, when I hit The Joe it is for walleyes.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jefftheref said:

Got my ticket. Can't wait to see Mr. Brown in action. The young man should be playing for the Hoosiers next year.

This is awesome news I’m three hours out from Venice FL will be flying up around 5 ....I’m so glad you’re going to get to see him ....if there are still tickets the second game should be great I wish I could stay for that....typically I’d promise a Blackford win but it’s gonna be a tough road to hoe my friend but if he thinks it’s his last game he should be fun to watch 

23 minutes ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

This is awesome news I’m three hours out from Venice FL will be flying up around 5 ....I’m so glad you’re going to get to see him ....if there are still tickets the second game should be great I wish I could stay for that....typically I’d promise a Blackford win but it’s gonna be a tough road to hoe my friend but if he thinks it’s his last game he should be fun to watch 

Looking forward to it and never say never. In 1972 we went to the New Castle regional and beat the #1 ranked team in the state of Indiana, New Castle which starred Kent Benson, 72-59. The only people that thought we could beat them was us. I am rooting for Blackford. I love the David versus Goliath scenario.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

Looking forward to it and never say never. In 1972 we went to the New Castle regional and beat the #1 ranked team in the state of Indiana, New Castle which starred Kent Benson, 72-59. The only people that thought we could beat them was us. I am rooting for Blackford. I love the David versus Goliath scenario.

Same here and I think there is less pressure involved if you’re not expected to win 

8 minutes ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

You didn’t miss a good game but you missed a fun one 

Evidently I missed a good one.  Leo over St. Joe.  Just saw the highlights on Wane-TV.  

I saw the low lights too.  I did hear that Luke passed Romeo on the all-time scoring list.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rico said:

Evidently I missed a good one.  Leo over St. Joe.  Just saw the highlights on Wane-TV.  

I saw the low lights too.  I did hear that Luke passed Romeo on the all-time scoring list.

Awesome.

Two Ft Wayne area teams with a chance to win a title... even though it’s a watered down class championship.

The area doesn’t get much basketball respect statewide. Hope they represent well 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, rico said:

Yes I didn’t get to stay for second game had to fly back out ....heard it was awesome ....why’d you skip ?! .....yeah he was his usual self probably could have gotten 10 more and took possession of second place but he mainly passes from late 3rd on 

14 hours ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

Anyone see Bloomington south lawerence north ?! 3 seconds left and south down three gets fouled while player was about to shoot a 3....he makes the three and the crowd goes nuts but officials call the foul on the floor ...talk about an emotional swing 

It's a question I'd like to know the answer. When does the shooting motion begin in that sequence? That was really, really close to being down and 1 in my eyes.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

It's a question I'd like to know the answer. When does the shooting motion begin in that sequence? That was really, really close to being down and 1 in my eyes.

I only saw bad video of it from a rough Angle but it looked SO close to being as you just described like the shooter anticipated the foul coming and got it up as the foul happened 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

By the video.. it looked like a good call. It certainly wasn't some atrocious call, like HS officials do regularly with charge/block calls. 

Nice job by the ref. Not the "sexy" call, but it was the right one. 

I agree to the extent that it was so close whatever the call was would be hard to argue conclusively it was totally wrong 

• Like 1