High School Hoops '20-'21

1 hour ago, rico said:

I am watching it on regular TV.  Channel 46 out of South Bend/Elkhart.  

No OTA here in central Indiana.  However, the IHSAA app on roku is carrying the games (at least the 1A game was on - hopefully the other classes will be too).  So I'm happy about that.  I don't know why the regional games required subscription to some service.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, rico said:

No Luke Goode?

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Not even the best player on his own team. 

3 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Goode's biggest impact will be taking votes away from Furst.

I truly think this might be the year a small school could pull it off.  Brown's overall career is going to resonate with voters that normally would vote for a big school player.

That said, with 880 students, an argument could be that Silver Creek is small when compared to most of the 4A schools, so Kaufman could keep some of that vote.

I agree with five fouls ...a lot of years he’d be top three and in the running on a dominant one loss team but their early exit and him sharing the spotlight so much with fletcher is going to keep him out of the top five.  Not because he’s not good simply because the toP ten list is SO packed.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zuckerkorn said:

So if you don't have cable or pay tv, you can't watch?  That kind of sucks.  I tried to watch some of the games a couple of weeks ago on the IHSAA roku app, but now you have to pay a subscription (smh).  For taxpayer funded activities that they pay considerable money to advertise on tv and radio, they don't do much to encourage maximum exposure.

It’s free on Ihsaatv.org as well

• Like 1

Just now, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

Lucky ! Enjoy it buddy 

I get to go to 3 of the games but the 4A game is being used by someone else.  What is nice in this suite is that you have a waitress to serve you and have unlimited good.  Had breakfast this morning and will have lunch at the next game.  What is bad is that we have to leave after every game.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I get to go to 3 of the games but the 4A game is being used by someone else.  What is nice in this suite is that you have a waitress to serve you and have unlimited good.  Had breakfast this morning and will have lunch at the next game.  What is bad is that we have to leave after every game.

Whoa that’s better than the legends section at pacers games !  You should sneak back in for the 4A for dessert 

4 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Goode's biggest impact will be taking votes away from Furst.

I truly think this might be the year a small school could pull it off.  Brown's overall career is going to resonate with voters that normally would vote for a big school player.

That said, with 880 students, an argument could be that Silver Creek is small when compared to most of the 4A schools, so Kaufman could keep some of that vote.

Agreed only 300 separate Blackford and silver whereas 3000 can separate 4A schools .   Is this an April fools joke at my expense trying to get my hopes up 🤔🤔🤔🤔

35 minutes ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

Agreed only 300 separate Blackford and silver whereas 3000 can separate 4A schools .   Is this an April fools joke at my expense trying to get my hopes up 🤔🤔🤔🤔

I don't see a path for Furst to get it.  Too much competition in his neck of the woods and his statewide appeal does not seem to be as strong as Brown's or Kaufman's.  Honestly, Brown's chances may be based in part to how Kaufman does today.  If Kaufman goes off for 40 and dominates, he picks up some extra votes.  If he scores 17 in a low scoring game, that helps Brown..

I will say this.  I don't think anyone down South will vote for Furst.  Most people see Kaufman and Furst as equals, and Kaufman wins the South based on geography.  Meanwhile, Furst is splitting the votes in the North with a lot of other players.  Furst has nothing that Kaufman doesn't provide as well.  Brown, however, is a different story.  His story/appeal is totally different than the two big guys.  I think he gets some votes in all areas of the state.

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I don't see a path for Furst to get it.  Too much competition in his neck of the woods and his statewide appeal does not seem to be as strong as Brown's or Kaufman's.  Honestly, Brown's chances may be based in part to how Kaufman does today.  If Kaufman goes off for 40 and dominates, he picks up some extra votes.  If he scores 17 in a low scoring game, that helps Brown..

I will say this.  I don't think anyone down South will vote for Furst.  Most people see Kaufman and Furst as equals, and Kaufman wins the South based on geography.  Meanwhile, Furst is splitting the votes in the North with a lot of other players.  Furst has nothing that Kaufman doesn't provide as well.  Brown, however, is a different story.  His story/appeal is totally different than the two big guys.  I think he gets some votes in all areas of the state.

In this class getting second or third is an accomplishment those three guys might have all finished ahead of last years top 3

41 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

None of them should get it since they didn't pick IU

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

At the half Blackhawk is up 27-19.  Furst is 1-4 with 2 points and set out the last 6 minutes with 2 fouls

Not gonna help him with mr basketball even if they win ....if trey puts up a better game and wins that’s gonna go a long way in the vote ( I expect both Blackhawk and silver creek to win )