High School Hoops '20-'21

5 minutes ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

Yikes how did that happen 

SC actually only attempted 1 field goal the entire 4th quarter and missed it.  Scored 1 point in the 4th.  Also missed a slew of free throws.

It was almost like SC conceded tempo to Connersville from the opening tip.  And, then went out and had a horrid shooting game. 

In a fast paced game, SC can make up for poor shooting by dominating the boards and turning thed other team over.  With pace this slow, that does not work.

Edited by 5fouls
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

Brooks barnhizer had One of the  best seasons I can remember ....I think he finished 2 or 3 behind brown for the scoring title but brown gets one more game.  Unless the kid from kouts ( wireman ) really fills it up that makes brown second in state history to lead the state 3 years ( the other being Marion pierce )

I use to live about 10 miles from where Marin Pierce went to school

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

SC actually only attempted 1 field goal the entire 4th quarter and missed it.  Scored 1 point in the 4th.  Also missed a slew of free throws.

It was almost like SC conceded tempo to Connersville from the opening tip.  And, then went out and had a horrid shooting game. 

In a fast paced game, SC can make up for poor shooting by dominating the boards and turning thed other team over.  With pace this slow, that does not work.

Wait....one field goal attempt the entire 4th quarter of a tight game ?!! I know you said they shot some foul shots ( I’m assuming missed 1 and 1 opportunities ) but were they turning it over almost every possession?

2 minutes ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

No kidding ? What county is Lewisville in ? Madison ? Henry ? I thought you were a south guy Scott that’s more middle of the state 

Henry it is about 7 miles south of New Castle.  I lived in a small town that was in the NW corner of rush county about 5 miles from Knightstown which is where I went to high school.

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Henry it is about 7 miles south of New Castle.  I lived in a small town that was in the NW corner of rush county about 5 miles from Knightstown which is where I went to high school.

Nice ! I hear Marion is still around ....should be safe in second I don’t know that Luke will get 40 plus against Blackhawk unless they single cover him and focus on eliminating anyone else from scoring 

6 hours ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

Wait....one field goal attempt the entire 4th quarter of a tight game ?!! I know you said they shot some foul shots ( I’m assuming missed 1 and 1 opportunities ) but were they turning it over almost every possession?

Maybe 2 or 3 turnovers in the 4th, and certainly several missed 1 on 1 foul shouts.  Mainly, though, it was a case of both teams taking 45+ seconds each possession before attempting to make any type of offensive move.  SC really did just get away from what they do best.  Connersville deserves some credit for that, but SC did not make much of an effort to speed things up.  

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Maybe 2 or 3 turnovers in the 4th, and certainly several missed 1 on 1 foul shouts.  Mainly, though, it was a case of both teams taking 45+ seconds each possession before attempting to make any type of offensive move.  SC really did just get away from what they do best.  Connersville deserves some credit for that, but SC did not make much of an effort to speed things up.  

You’re right that’s crazy ....was it that they want to prove it doesn’t matter if the pace is slowed or could they just not adjust ? With northern on the ball and then your two studs you’d think they could get a shot in ten seconds on offense if they want 

I think my brain has been programmed to watch missed shots....but both games yesterday between Carmel/Homestead and Lafayette Jeff had plenty of kids making shots.

No clue what final stats were but I found myself really enjoying watching both games. Good play by all teams and like I said a joy to watch shots going up and in routinely. Free throws too. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I think my brain has been programmed to watch missed shots....but both games yesterday between Carmel/Homestead and Lafayette Jeff had plenty of kids making shots.

No clue what final stats were but I found myself really enjoying watching both games. Good play by all teams and like I said a joy to watch shots going up and in routinely. Free throws too. 

Barnhizer is gonna be a stud at NW. Might be able to help save Collins’s job. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Could not agree more ...you won’t find many better coached teams than those two either 

On 3/14/2021 at 8:38 AM, rico said:

Rico ....Elkhart is kinda your neck of the woods ....Blackford Blackhawk / sbsj leo ?

33 minutes ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

Jeff you’re right kzoo isn’t a long trip !! You coming down ?

I used to live very close to the Northside Gym back in the 70's. I played a ton of  ball with Jim Smith and Ron Powers. I believe they were both Indiana All-stars and ended up going to Furman.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

Have to ask the boss. Are tickets available

Jeff all tickets were online ....as we speak Im driving my family down to my parents house in Florida for spring break but next stop I can send you the link ...if none are available and you’re truly interested let me know and I’ll see if I can pull some strings.  Shortly after arriving my dad and I are hopping on a plane to Fort Wayne and catching the game then going over to south bend to grab a flight back to Florida right after ....wish I could stay for the south bend sr Joseph vs Leo game 

1 minute ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

Jeff all tickets were online ....as we speak Im driving my family down to my parents house in Florida for spring break but next stop I can send you the link ...if none are available and you’re truly interested let me know and I’ll see if I can pull some strings.  Shortly after arriving my dad and I are hopping on a plane to Fort Wayne and catching the game then going over to south bend to grab a flight back to Florida right after ....wish I could stay for the south bend sr Joseph vs Leo game 

I will talk to her tomorrow morning first thing and let you know. Have a safe trip. 

• Like 1

Just now, jefftheref said:

I will talk to her tomorrow morning first thing and let you know. Have a safe trip. 

I’ll post the link on here and if you have the green light just let me know if you have any problems I’ll be happy to do some checking I hear north side is fantastic and they only gave each team 800 tickets so they must be keeping lots of space for social distancing 

4 minutes ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

I’ll post the link on here and if you have the green light just let me know if you have any problems I’ll be happy to do some checking I hear north side is fantastic and they only gave each team 800 tickets so they must be keeping lots of space for social distancing 

Thank you. 

6 hours ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

https://gofan.co/app/school/IN232  If it’s the general page search Blackford or Blackhawk but that should be the event itself ....let me know ! Hope you can make it but if you get a denial it should be on Ihsaa Tv! Have a great night my friend 

Got my ticket. Can't wait to see Mr. Brown in action. The young man should be playing for the Hoosiers next year.