Update on Ayden

When we go to the Dr we never know exactly what to expect. The past 2 weeks we have had multiple appointments.  Because many of you care and do reach out to me I just want you all to  know what is going on.  So far all of the visits have been good for the most part. His White count and other levels from the panel were stable. Having a bone marrow failure diagnosis is very scary for us but we watch his numbers very closely and the Drs are very pleased.  In March his GI doctor put him on a medicine to help him because his pancreas does not create enough enzymes to break down food and this medicine should help him grow. Since March 15th he has gained 10 pounds and grown 2.5 inches. This is the first real spike that he has ever had on his growth chart. His Mito Dr and his hematologist have given him the go ahead to go back to school if we choose to send him. He will be getting braces soon which we hope helps as well with his nutritional well being. Unfortunately he still does not like to eat and it is a constant battle Lots going on here lately and several more apts over the next 2 weeks but just wanted to share. This forum is a big reason why I am still party sane and never went off the deep end. i thank you so much for your care concern and prayers. Ayden say hi!!!

7 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

When we go to the Dr we never know exactly what to expect. The past 2 weeks we have had multiple appointments.  Because many of you care and do reach out to me I just want you all to  know what is going on.  So far all of the visits have been good for the most part. His White count and other levels from the panel were stable. Having a bone marrow failure diagnosis is very scary for us but we watch his numbers very closely and the Drs are very pleased.  In March his GI doctor put him on a medicine to help him because his pancreas does not create enough enzymes to break down food and this medicine should help him grow. Since March 15th he has gained 10 pounds and grown 2.5 inches. This is the first real spike that he has ever had on his growth chart. His Mito Dr and his hematologist have given him the go ahead to go back to school if we choose to send him. He will be getting braces soon which we hope helps as well with his nutritional well being. Unfortunately he still does not like to eat and it is a constant battle Lots going on here lately and several more apts over the next 2 weeks but just wanted to share. This forum is a big reason why I am still party sane and never went off the deep end. i thank you so much for your care concern and prayers. Ayden say hi!!!

Good news! 

He's a very courageous guy...Very inspirational for me!

2 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

A ten pound weight gain is impressive. Sending you guys positive vibes and virtual high five to Ayden. Can't imagine the roller coaster of hope and fear that you guys are most likely experiencing around these visits.

5 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Even if some of us never reply to every update or post know he's always being thought of. Continued strength to you all. 

I want to be "party sane"

but seriously keeping you all in the prayers!

And just to jump tracks for a moment and share a good news update of my own! My son and daughter-in-law welcomed the first granddaughter into the family last night! Everyone is doing well in spite of this nasty virus!

7 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

And just to jump tracks for a moment and share a good news update of my own! My son and daughter-in-law welcomed the first granddaughter into the family last night! Everyone is doing well in spite of this nasty virus!

Congratulations!  That’s great news.  

12 hours ago, Drroogh said:

Congrats and continue to stay safe

On 7/16/2020 at 12:31 PM, Lostin76 said:

A ten pound weight gain is impressive. Sending you guys positive vibes and virtual high five to Ayden. Can't imagine the roller coaster of hope and fear that you guys are most likely experiencing around these visits.

If you think a 10 lb weight gain is impressive, I would blow your mind.  :coffee:

In all seriousness, cheers to the lot of you.  The strength of your entire family is an inspiration.  

Archived