From the where are the now file. Recruited by "The General"...

milehiiu

He was a fantastic player who never lived up to our expectations of what he should have done.   Whether its true or not, i always felt like Knight changed how Bailey played and didn't let him do what he did best and that was be the man, score at will.  I think he tried to put him in a box and it never worked out well.  Plus the knee injuries killed him

1 hour ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

He was a fantastic player who never lived up to our expectations of what he should have done.   Whether its true or not, i always felt like Knight changed how Bailey played and didn't let him do what he did best and that was be the man, score at will.  I think he tried to put him in a box and it never worked out well.  Plus the knee injuries killed him

Hard to be the"man" when you have Cheany,Graham, Henderson and others...those teams were loaded...he was the man his senior year...3rd team all American...all big ten,20+ppg

3 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

Hard to be the"man" when you have Cheany,Graham, Henderson and others...those teams were loaded...he was the man his senior year...3rd team all American...all big ten,20+ppg

Don't disagree but it always seemed like he was looking to be the facilitator and not looking to score like he did in high school.  And i think Knight was the one who pushed that.  Had he scored 20+ a game all 4 years, we might have hung another banner.  As you said, look at all the talent and we didn't get one.  Just my thoughts when i try and remember him plying back in the day.  No research, strictly gut feel from my memories.  I could and probably am wrong.

For those that don't feel Damon lived up to the expectations I disagree in a big fashion.  He went from being a post player to the PG of the number #1 team in the country.  One of the winningest 4 year player in IU history and an Alan Henderson injury from a national championship.  

MJ would not have lived up to tge hype maybe but Damon delivered very well IMO

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

For those that don't feel Damon lived up to the expectations I disagree in a big fashion.  He went from being a post player to the PG of the number #1 team in the country.  One of the winningest 4 year player in IU history and an Alan Henderson injury from a national championship.  

MJ would not have lived up to tge hype maybe but Damon delivered very well IMO

What he said..😁

Archived