Tyler Nickel

milehiiu

5 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Interesting that Virginia has not yet offered.

I would say UVA at this point can take their time on local recruits. Probably have higher ranked kids ahead of him. But if they come in later with an offer it’s going to carry plenty of weight. I mean we often wait to offer Indiana kids because of IU standing in the state. I’d say that is probably the reason. I’m sure they have plenty of communication with the kid.

22 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Caught up with Nickel to get his thoughts on IU, his game, and more.  This is a kid that I think IU will push hard for.  Very impressive.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-recruiting-2022-tyler-nickel-says-its-wild-really-exciting-hearing-from-programs-like-indiana/

Definitely like what I see and hear. Thank for for another great piece

2 hours ago, cybergates said:

"He averaged 26.7 points per game for the 2019-20 season, and his 1,464 career points are the most ever by a boys basketball player through their sophomore year in Virginia High School League history."

Impressive.

Impressive indeed.  And lucky that we have a new assistant coach that is recruiting the East Coast hard.  While Coach Miller is continuing to lock up Indiana.

5 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

quick side note, it was Kenya Hunter who reached out to him. His recruiting is already showing.

That’s good and all but until he closes one of these recruits to IU...it really doesn’t mean a whole lot. Bruiser had us in a lot of recruitments to...but how many did he close? I’m hoping Hunter does better.

40 minutes ago, dgambill said:

That’s good and all but until he closes one of these recruits to IU...it really doesn’t mean a whole lot. Bruiser had us in a lot of recruitments to...but how many did he close? I’m hoping Hunter does better.

Give him a little time since he had been on the job a couple of months

48 minutes ago, dgambill said:

True, but he just got here. He can’t find the bathroom without asking for directions.  I’ve seen him in interviews and he comes across really well IMO. Since recruiting is a long game issue, I’m not sure he can be fairly graded for maybe even 24 months.  

1 hour ago, BobSaccamanno said:

True, but he just got here. He can’t find the bathroom without asking for directions.  I’ve seen him in interviews and he comes across really well IMO. Since recruiting is a long game issue, I’m not sure he can be fairly graded for maybe even 24 months.  

Sure...but I’m not going to sing his praises until he lands someone....anyone. Until then I’m wait and see.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived