Gregg Marshall

JEFFVETTE

• JEFFVETTE changed the title to Gregg Marshall
28 minutes ago, CampHoosier said:

Dodged a huge bullet

You have got that right. Can one imagine having Kevin Wilson and Gregg Marshall at IU at the same time ? 

Some  people may have had issues with Tom Crean.  But it was his coaching skills, that bothered fans... rather than abusing his players.  And I keep saying this.  Despite getting fired from IU..... I have NEVER heard Coach Crean say anything bad about IU. 

2 hours ago, milehiiu said:

You have got that right. Can one imagine having Kevin Wilson and Gregg Marshall at IU at the same time ? 

Some  people may have had issues with Tom Crean.  But it was his coaching skills, that bothered fans... rather than abusing his players.  And I keep saying this.  Despite getting fired from IU..... I have NEVER heard Coach Crean say anything bad about IU. 

Not to start a bash Crean thread but why would he say anything bad. IU made him very rich and gave him more than adequate chances to right the program. It was headed in the wrong direction and we saved him some humiliating years to follow. It also doesn’t help you in your next job search to bash your old employer...so Yes Crean is a nice guy...but that doesn’t count for much when it comes to W/L.

9 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Not to start a bash Crean thread but why would he say anything bad. IU made him very rich and gave him more than adequate chances to right the program. It was headed in the wrong direction and we saved him some humiliating years to follow. It also doesn’t help you in your next job search to bash your old employer...so Yes Crean is a nice guy...but that doesn’t count for much when it comes to W/L.

I hear ya.  However.... there once was a  BBHC that IU fired.... who once said he wished.... death on every IU administrator.   Both got fired. Yet each took a different path after getting fired. 

Compare and contrast.

1 minute ago, milehiiu said:

I hear ya.  However.... there once was a  BBHC that IU fired.... who once said he wished.... death on every IU administrator.   Both got fired. Yet each took a different path after getting fired. 

Compare and contrast.

That’s a whole can of worms I don’t want to open. Your point is made. I like Crean too....just not going to sing his praises because he failed....and did it graciously. 

3 hours ago, dgambill said:

My guess is if you ask Crean, he would say he wasn't given a fair chance and support at IU. But he is gracious and smart enough not to go against IU and its fanbase. Smart move. But I'm thinking when his coaching days are over and if he writes a memoir, he'd probably write about it. 

30 minutes ago, JEFFVETTE said:

Some program will be very lucky to hire him in a season or two once everyone’s forgotten about this.

23 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

If Rick Pitino can land another gig so quickly, I have no doubt that Gregg Marshall will as well.

Yep.  And it’s a pretty good bet that both of their new programs will win big.  If I was a mid-major AD looking to make a coaching change in the near future, I’d be on the phone with Marshall’s agent today.

Archived