I am developing a split personality by following

my Indiana men's basketball team this season ?? I'm seriously considering petitioning the IU School President to change IU's school nickname from Hoosiers to The Jekyll & Hydes . VBG !! Seriously what in the [censured ] B.S. is going on with IU's team ?? How do you look really good and tough BY BEATING THE NATION'S # 18 rated team -Notre Dame-- and then get your arses kicked by TWENTY POINTS bu IUPU FT> WAYNE ???? I do not have the answer to that question !1 I can only  hope ( and keep believing ) that Archie Miller and his Staff can figure this thing out and get it corrected so we can at least get into the NIT post season tournament !! Personally , I think that Coach Miller needs to lok at playing a zone defense along with mixing defenses like Jim Valvano and Al McGuire did !! I loved watching how Coach Al M. mixed up his defensive coverages at Marquette ! Bob Knight kept Al from winning an NCAA TOURNAMENT Championship  BUT Al then won AN NCAA Championship the following season [ I seem to  remember] ! Watching IU's LACK of DEFENSE in both the Indiana State and IUPU Ft. Wayne games has been the TWO most painful games that I have ever had to watch( as an IU FAN ) !! However , I am NOT GOING TO GIVE UP HOPE !! I still believe there is enough talent ON IU's Roster and the COACHING STAFF to get this thing on the same page ( and to stop having games like the Indiana State and IUPU FT. Wayne games ) !! To quote Mike Davis " Help is on the way ." At least , the IU signed players for next season are pretty much having really GOOD Senior seasons in H.S. !!

I don't know if Archie and his staff will figure this out this years team, but thought this was as good a thread as any to say that I'm still fully on the "Archie Train" and believe that once he gets his guys in and gets a chance to develop them that IU is in great hands. My only concern is that landing guys like Langford, Brooks and TJD are critical to boosting that trajectory, and I hope none of these losses shakes those kids confidence in IU or Archie. 

Honestly this is exactly what i expected this year. With CAM taking over and trying to instill a complete new system with average players was gong to be just this.  I hold CAM accountable for line ups and substitutions throughout the game.  I don't hold him accountable for players who won't buy into this system or are not playing with enough heart or effort.  Next year i believe we will start seeing a transformation of the team into his team and by year 3, we should be on the big stage again.

Just have to take this season with a punch in the junk.  Gonna hurt at times

I actually have a better sense of calm after watching Archie's press conferences. I'm all-aboard with BGleas on the Archie Train. He sees and is aggravated by the exact same things we all are and to a magnified degree. What he verbalizes about his offense and defense is not near his expectation, so I see better days ahead. Hearing him say that giving up that many threes not once but twice this season is unbelievable to him, so I feel like getting torched from outside is not the norm...even for the pack-line defense.

I think this year is what it is. I'm desperate for IU to be great again, but it is looking like a transition year. One where the returning players will have a much better understanding of things for themselves and to teach the newcomers next year. I don't want to just "give up" on this season, but my expectations are going to stay more flatlined from here on out instead of riding the rollercoaster of a bad loss (what that means) and a good win (what that means). This team has showed us that they are capable of both and I don't see that changing with the makeup of players we have. 

Archived