Coach Tony's Film Room - now with MD

DWB

I think Tony deserves his own thread. Here's his latest film room session on the Providence game. 

His analysis and explanation of plays/defense is way above my pay-grade. I always learn a lot from him. And he's a member of HSN too. But probably too humble to post it himself.

Anyway take a look if you're interested in a Coach's POV on our games.

2 hours ago, DWB said:

I think Tony deserves his own thread. Here's his latest film room session on the Providence game. 

His analysis and explanation of plays/defense is way above my pay-grade. I always learn a lot from him. And he's a member of HSN too. But probably too humble to post it himself.

Anyway take a look if you're interested in a Coach's POV on our games.

He’s the best 

Appreciate all of the kind words! I genuinely enjoy doing these. Yesterday's was a little tough to stomach (for obvious reasons), but I do think it helped me learn quite a bit about this 2020-21 team. My biggest takeaway: when we screen well, we get good looks (making them is another story). The bad part is we don't screen well very often.

Here's the Texas breakdown if you're able to go through that again. Haha. 

33 minutes ago, coachadragna said:

Appreciate all of the kind words! I genuinely enjoy doing these. Yesterday's was a little tough to stomach (for obvious reasons), but I do think it helped me learn quite a bit about this 2020-21 team. My biggest takeaway: when we screen well, we get good looks (making them is another story). The bad part is we don't screen well very often.

Thanks coach!  In your opinion, do you think screening is easily correctable as the season goes on?  Is this a weakness due to learning the new offense/wrinkles?  

2 hours ago, coachadragna said:

Good to see you posting here, and your work.

Not just kind words -- deserved. Your work is really informative. Thanks again for bringing it here.

36 minutes ago, coachadragna said:

The #iubb film room for the Stanford game this afternoon is live. Much better offensive performance from Indiana, which is the majority of what I focused on. I look at:
🏀Sets for TJD
🏀Spacing on certain actions that was great
🏀Screening was much improved.

I would love a breakdown, or your thoughts on the noticeable difference in Armaan vs last year.

Regardless, really like your videos. Great stuff.

• DWB changed the title to Coach Tony's Film Room - updated with Stanford
  • DWB changed the title to Coach Tony's Film Room - updated with offense from first 4 games
  • DWB changed the title to Coach Tony's Film Room - updated with FSU game
  • 2 weeks later...
  • DWB changed the title to Coach Tony's Film Room - now with Butler
2 hours ago, Kdug said:

Our offensive efficiency ranking by year has the same trend:

2018-19: #82

2019-20: #65

Actually kind of surprised to see a 17 place improvement b/t these 2 years. With all of our turnovers, and the Green/Smith effect, I would have thought any improvement would have been minor. Guess we were better than I thought !

38 minutes ago, DWB said:

Actually kind of surprised to see a 17 place improvement b/t these 2 years. With all of our turnovers, and the Green/Smith effect, I would have thought any improvement would have been minor. Guess we were better than I thought !

We were a tourney team, we can all disagree about individual plays and players but think it’s pretty clear CAM has been improving the team every year and has the team headed in the right direction 

17 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

We were a tourney team, we can all disagree about individual plays and players but think it’s pretty clear CAM has been improving the team every year and has the team headed in the right direction 

Oh...no doubt. I just thought a 17 place move was extensive for what I perceived to be a "hit and miss" offense. I thought maybe a 5-7 pt move would have been expected, but not 17. My bad...

• DWB changed the title to Coach Tony's Film Room - updated with ILL

Archived