Official College Football Playoff Power Rankings Week 14

thebecca

You want to build a viewership from this board, quotes like 'Indiana is marginally better than an historically bad Big Ten Conference' is not the way to do it.  That's a backhanded jab and not necessary. You are ignoring the fact that we could have beat OSU in Columbus with just a turn of events on a couple of plays.  

Oh, and in the OSU write-up, you spelled 'Whether' wrong.   'Weather' is a meteorological term, not a conjunction.

Schoolhouse Rock, conjunction junction - YouTube

16 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

You want to build a viewership from this board, quotes like 'Indiana is marginally better than an historically bad Big Ten Conference' is not the way to do it.  That's a backhanded jab and not necessary. You are ignoring the fact that we could have beat OSU in Columbus with just a turn of events on a couple of plays.  

Oh, and in the OSU write-up, you spelled 'Whether' wrong.   'Weather' is a meteorological term, not a conjunction.

Schoolhouse Rock, conjunction junction - YouTube

Man, if the rest of the "article" is anything like your quote and the homophone you pointed out, I won't bother reading it. In that quote there is a grammatical error that, when coupled with the easily avoided homophone you point out, is terrible. The homophone in particular is egregious and doesn't give me a sense of confidence that the person writing should be listened to. So I shan't be giving that link the benefit of a click.

I can be a grammar snob but if a site wants to be a credible source of information proper editing is important. If they can't get that right why should I trust that they're more knowledgeable on other subjects?

1 hour ago, go_iu_bb said:

Man, if the rest of the "article" is anything like your quote and the homophone you pointed out, I won't bother reading it. In that quote there is a grammatical error that, when coupled with the easily avoided homophone you point out, is terrible. The homophone in particular is egregious and doesn't give me a sense of confidence that the person writing should be listened to. So I shan't be giving that link the benefit of a click.

I can be a grammar snob but if a site wants to be a credible source of information proper editing is important. If they can't get that right why should I trust that they're more knowledgeable on other subjects?

Man this dude shore uses a lot of funny words.....  🤪

1 hour ago, go_iu_bb said:

I

Beavis and butthead - heh heh she said homophone

Archived