Dan Dakich: Part?

rico

I don't get to listen to DD much anymore.  But yesterday I tuned in on my Tunein Radio app.  Ole Dan had my laughing pretty hard during his slamfest on Coach K saying we should shut the season down.  Funny I see the 'Bama coach came out and said exactly what Dan was saying.  Got a bad team in Durham, Coach K?  Bailing on the season again?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, rico said:

I don't get to listen to DD much anymore.  But yesterday I tuned in on my Tunein Radio app.  Ole Dan had my laughing pretty hard during his slamfest on Coach K saying we should shut the season down.  Funny I see the 'Bama coach came out and said exactly what Dan was saying.  Got a bad team in Durham, Coach K?  Bailing on the season again?

I dont get why so many people dislike you, I mean Dan. He's rude but being with RMK 20 years the guy knows more that most if not all of us here. I enjoy listening to be honest.

3 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I dont get why so many people dislike you, I mean Dan. He's rude but being with RMK 20 years the guy knows more that most if not all of us here. I enjoy listening to be honest.

I don't mine me...errrr Dan at all.  But it does bring up an interesting question on K's character.  Does he bail on his team when he smells numerous defeats?

39 minutes ago, rico said:

Love Dan when he speaks hoops. I tuned him out years ago though. Won't go into specifics but his recollection of his time with Sampson and the gang is just a tad different.

Add to that....Archie specifically helped his daughter out and every chance he gets he seems to take swipes. Have no time for that type of a person. You can be critical and professional at same time. He's got one of those mastered not the other.

I do miss listening to him because when it's straight hoops he's actually one of the better one's employed by ESPN. It's all the other passive aggressive talk I don't tolerate much of. 

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Love Dan when he speaks hoops. I tuned him out years ago though. Won't go into specifics but his recollection of his time with Sampson and the gang is different than what he reports.

Add to that....Archie specifically helped his daughter out and every chance he gets he seems to take swipes. Have no time for that type of a person. You can be critical and professional at same time. He's got one of those mastered not the other.

I do miss listening to him because when it's straight hoops he's actually one of the better one's employed by ESPN. It's all the other passive aggressive talk I don't tolerate much of. 

Dan needs to take more lessons from Cowherd.

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

DD is two face because after a win he is all about how good the team is but after 1 loss he starts ripping the team.  Also I get so tired of his love affair with Grigson and how he did a better job than Ballard.

He's 2 faced because he questions things after a loss thats what I do after a loss. I would think more fans here would be that way. We grew up with RMK you learn to  seek perfection.  I have never understood how people think questioning things is turning your back in your team. My expectations must just be higher i guess

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

He's 2 faced because he questions things after a loss thats what I do after a loss. I would think more fans here would be that way. We grew up with RMK you learn to  seek perfection.  I have never understood how people think questioning things is turning your back in your team. My expectations must just be higher i guess

The Colts win 4 out of 5 and he is kissing their butt but after jus tone loss he goes way over board the other way.  Dude I have seen al 3 of RMK championships so I know what good basketball is.  Like you said in another thread you don't have the passion  you use to but could some of that be what life brings you.  I also hope it comes to growing up some where the outcome of a game is not as important as it use to be.  When I was in high school and even college what IU did was the most important thing to me.  After getting married and having kids it makes you realize that an outcome of a sporting even is not important in the grand scheme of life.  Especially with how this year has been for me I realize that if IU wins or loses does not matter but it is not because I care any less about the program.  I want to win every game but it really doesn't chan ge your life if they win or lose.  I am a Cots fan and have seen great teams who won the Super bowl and have seen teams who earned the #1 draft pick.  You know what my life did not change for the better after they won the Super Bowl

Also I know when I was younger I would say some of the stupidest things about players and coaches.  I would say after losses that there are no lace in this world  for losers and the team doesn't deserve to fly home  on the team plane.  I thought how dumb of me to rip these coaches and players who were the ones who was putting all the work in and actually is putting the effort in.  I am just sitting on my butt eating in my recliner where they are the one who is effecting the outcome of the game.  I have no effect on if the team wins or loses and always thought I cared more than the players.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Also I know when I was younger I would say some of the stupidest things about players and coaches.  I would say after losses that there are no lace in this world  for losers and the team doesn't deserve to fly home  on the team plane.  I thought how dumb of me to rip these coaches and players who were the ones who was putting all the work in and actually is putting the effort in.  I am just sitting on my butt eating in my recliner where they are the one who is effecting the outcome of the game.  I have no effect on if the team wins or loses and always thought I cared more than the players.

You've reach a level of enlightenment the rest of us strive to achieve Scott.  If we could all see clearly the correct things to think and feel, life would be so much better.  How it must irk you to listen to us uncouth heathens who haven't reach the perfection you have achieved. 

Be patient with us lesser human.  We'll get there.  We strive to be better each and every day.  Bit by Bit.

6 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Apparently Don Fischer is 2 faced like some of us. He on JMV talking bad about our perimeter shooting and how its been bad the whole time Archie has been here. How dare he question anything, not a true fan

It is not two face to critique but it is how DD goes about it. When DD has Ballard in his show he is all complimentary and kisses his butt and when he is not on the show he rips him.

As for IU what gets me is when we lose he calls Archie Lil Arch and that drives me crazy

Just now, IU Scott said:

It is not two face to critique but it is how DD goes about it. When DD has Ballard in his show he is all complimentary and kisses his butt and when he is not on the show he rips him.

As for IU what gets me is when we lose he calls Archie Lil Arch and that drives me crazy

Of course he does he has a radio show. And here we are talking about him. Its all a show. When deserved he shows love and he is not afraid to call people out when its not. He gives Ballard credit all the time but he also defends Grigson. His numbers back it.up. regardless of who was on the team they won more under Grigson

2 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Of course he does he has a radio show. And here we are talking about him. Its all a show. When deserved he shows love and he is not afraid to call people out when its not. He gives Ballard credit all the time but he also defends Grigson. His numbers back it.up. regardless of who was on the team they won more under Grigson

Just won because of one healthy QB but the overall roster is so much better now.

34 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

It wasn't Grigson's drafting or trading that was winning games.  I remember Grigson making an absolutely disastrous trade for a running back from Alabama.

23 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

It wasn't Grigson's drafting or trading that was winning games.  I remember Grigson making an absolutely disastrous trade for a running back from Alabama.

Exactly and GM and coaches get fired for their records. Grigson has a hard nosed SOB and the players did not like that. The combo of Pollian,  Dungy and Manning balanced things out and Bill was the toughest ever. The combo of Grigson, Chuck and Luck just did not work out together. I think Reich and Ballard are a perfect fit and expect good things.

Archived