North Alabama Game Thread

Reacher

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I still like the attitude, and, for the most part, the defense.

But those who're saying our 3 starting guards are disappointing, are spot on...if anyone is "playing down to the competition" they are...

The kids are giving us some energy, and TJD is TJD...but we kinda expect inconsistency from freshmen...not from our veterans...

1 minute ago, go_iu_bb said:

This is one of those games that everyone should score so it's nice that the bench players are taking advantage of that.

I looked and all IU players that have played have scored so far. Only 6 points from the combo of Thompson, Durham, Phinisee.

1 minute ago, go_iu_bb said:

This is one of those games that everyone should score so it's nice that the bench players are taking advantage of that.

I do like the way Archie is coaching this game...seeing different lineups...giving the kids some time...

But I wish he'd make a statement to Rob, Al, and Armaan and start freshmen in their places to begin the 2nd half...and let them know it wasn't for "rest." 

Just now, FritzIam4IU said:

I could see Galloway being a heck of a leader in a couple years.

He's already a leader. Through his constant energy and effort, he's leading by example compared to some of the on again, off again play we've seen the past couple years. Completely agree though that I see him taking on more vocal leadership when he gets more experience/comfortable.

3 minutes ago, PhinithreeMagic said:

Starting backcourt is 3-12 shooting with 5 turnovers. Absolutely unacceptable for veteran guys against ~300 ranked team. Freshman are 5-6 shooting with 1 turnover.

It will never happen but I would roll out Lander, Galloway, Leal/Geronimo, Hunter, and TJD to start the half.

They're 11-for-41 combined over the last 3 halves (and OT). Just horrible. 

Archived