RIP Mary Ann.....

27 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Dawn Wells, who played Mary Ann on Gilligan's Island passed due to complications from covid-19.

As a young lad growing up on black and white tv, I was more than a little enamored with her.

God speed and rest in peace.

“I was more than a little enamored with her” is a nice way to put it. RIP to Dawn Wells. 

If Gilligan's Island were made today, the weekly storyline wouldn't be about Gilligan destroying The Professor's rescue invention every week  The storylines would be something like:

- The Skipper and Mrs. Howell having an affair

- Ginger with an addiction problem

- Mr. Howell caused the shipwreck to avoid tax evasion charges. 

- Mary Ann as both an IRS Agent secretly following Mr. Howell and also a DEA Agent watching Ginger.  

- The Professor making weekly romantic overtures that a clueless Gilligan always misinterprets.

14 hours ago, 5fouls said:

If Gilligan's Island were made today, the weekly storyline wouldn't be about Gilligan destroying The Professor's rescue invention every week  The storylines would be something like:

- The Skipper and Mrs. Howell having an affair

- Ginger with an addiction problem

- Mr. Howell caused the shipwreck to avoid tax evasion charges. 

- Mary Ann as both an IRS Agent secretly following Mr. Howell and also a DEA Agent watching Ginger.  

- The Professor making weekly romantic overtures that a clueless Gilligan always misinterprets.

I am really surprised that we haven't had a redo of "Gilligan's Island" over the course of time.

Archived