Gonzaga

rico

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Ever since the Baylor game got cancelled because of Covid, I have been concerned about this.  It's hard to find a regular season loss.  And, unlike some other small conference teams that have entered the tournament undefeated over the last 45 years, Gonzaga is actually good enough to win the National Championship.  , 

I have been seeing this brought up quite a bit on other sites, and it ain't IU fans saying it.

This may not be real popular, but here goes.  

I really hope they don't go undefeated because of the 76 team.  I want that group to be the last unless we can do it again.  But I have to be honest, I'm tired of clinging to 76 and seeing the Wat shot pop up on my social media timeline every December to have something to smile about.  If I was a UK fan I'd laugh every time I saw an IU fan post that shot.  It's high time we make some new history.  I tired of the "remember whens."

Sorry for the rant. 

7 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I really hope they don't go undefeated because of the 76 team.  I want that group to be the last unless we can do it again.  But I have to be honest, I'm tired of clinging to 76 and seeing the Wat shot pop up on my social media timeline every December to have something to smile about.  If I was a UK fan I'd laugh every time I saw an IU fan post that shot.  It's high time we make some new history.  I tired of the "remember whens."

Sorry for the rant. 

i get it  Purdue fans even laugh when we bring up 1987.  granted they have no room to talk, but 34 years ago now.  you can point at the 2001-2002 team, but that was still 19 years ago.  it's why players these days have no idea of our national relevance.  sucks.  

15 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Sorry for the rant. 

I get it too. I feel the same way about the Cincinnati Reds(who I root for). I grow tired of hearing about the Big Red Machine. Those days are long gone. 

I’m not sure if GOnzaga is especially strong this year or that the rest of the field seems down. 

Either way, I always have the Zags as an early out when I fill my bracket because they don’t have the strength of schedule. This year, unless something changes, I’ll probably have them go all the way. It will be a tough road, but they can definitely do it. 

Still kind of annoys me that if they were in our conference, they probably wouldn’t escape with less than 3 losses. And that’s being generous. 

I think the Kentucky team that was undefeated, until Wisconsin, had the best chance to run the table. As much as I love my '76 Hoosiers, that Kentucky team might be the best I have ever seen. Gonzaga is excellent, and I'd rather they do it than Kentucky, but there is a loooong way to go. And, this year we have the COVID wildcard to add to injuries and whatever else.

Archived