Frosh Development

with the exception of Al, the freshman aren’t getting too much run this year.

Im a little surprised based on the play of the normal starters at times, the frosh aren’t getting more opportunities in games

do you think this will have impact on future high profile frosh who might choose another school based on increased playing time or is this just a year for CAM to kind of feel his way through?

I'm surprised that Smith and Moore haven't received more time.  That said, I don't think that it will impact future recruiting.  Keep in mind that these aren't Archie's recruits, so it's easier for him to be selective on when the play.  I just happen to think that Smith can help the team now and Moore is a big body we may need the next couple of years.  Getting them some time now would help their development.

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

I'm surprised that Smith and Moore haven't received more time.  That said, I don't think that it will impact future recruiting.  Keep in mind that these aren't Archie's recruits, so it's easier for him to be selective on when the play.  I just happen to think that Smith can help the team now and Moore is a big body we may need the next couple of years.  Getting them some time now would help their development.

Smith's athleticism sometimes has gotten in his way in previous games -- e.g., too many alley oops.   He got to use his skills and smarts more last night.

We haven't seen Moore enough to know what's going on with him.

2 hours ago, slojoe said:

Smith's athleticism sometimes has gotten in his way in previous games -- e.g., too many alley oops.   He got to use his skills and smarts more last night.

We haven't seen Moore enough to know what's going on with him.

With Moore, when he has been in the game, he looked like a deer in headlights. I think the skill set is/will be there, but the game is going to have to slow down for him and when things click for him I think it will happen quickly. 

The same can be said for Smith. He is just a little more comfortable on the floor at this point. 

In my view, Smith and Moore have not shown enough to play more.  Smith is athletic but his lack of experience shows.  I am very high on him as a B1G forward, but he has to be way more sound and under control.

Moore probably should have redshirted.  Hopefully, he puts something together and gives us minutes the back nine.  Otherwise, he's wasting the year.

The fact that Durham plays proves the point that Archie will play a freshman but you have to earn it.

1 hour ago, BobSaccamanno said:

In my view, Smith and Moore have not shown enough to play more.  Smith is athletic but his lack of experience shows.  I am very high on him as a B1G forward, but he has to be way more sound and under control.

Moore probably should have redshirted.  Hopefully, he puts something together and gives us minutes the back nine.  Otherwise, he's wasting the year.

The fact that Durham plays proves the point that Archie will play a freshman but you have to earn it.

From reading but not observation it's my understanding that Moore grew 7 inches between his sophomore and senior seasons, and he's still growing into his body and learning to play with his back to the basket.  So that may help explain why we haven't seen a lot of him, yet.

Moore definitely looks a little sketchy while on the court right now...maybe a little too much adrenaline, which would not be uncommon. But man, he is certainly no stiff and has some serious bounce and agility. I can't wait for it to click with him.

He's a project right now, but unlike other projects we've seen (the list is endless), Moore seems to have a lot higher ceiling and skill level. I just hope he and Smith remain patient because I like both of their potential very much.

Archived