Coach Mike Woodson Megathread

55 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

In Japan, he’d become a “window man”. Their big corporations don”t let people go. They just give them an empty desk where they stare out the window all day. 

The US has those too….only we call them “advisors” or “consultants” 😂

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Trilly just said the Galloway rumor is false so there’s mixed messages on that going around apparently which isn’t surprising given the situation 

I'm not going to chime in on everything and like I said yesterday or whenever that was...but Galloway isn't going anywhere. I don't know how to make it any more simple. 

Again...love the information you bring. We all know different folks...but TG isn't headed anywhere unless he just decides his time is up. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm not going to chime in on everything and like I said yesterday or whenever that was...but Galloway isn't going anywhere. I don't know how to make it any more simple. 

Again...love the information you bring. We all know different folks...but TG isn't headed anywhere unless he just decides his time is up. 

I hope this is correct, but is this just a bullish opinion or you have info? Either is fine, just trying to understand. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

I hope this is correct, but is this just a bullish opinion or you have info? Either is fine, just trying to understand. 

Just knowing the family back to Carmel days. 

I will add this weak caveat. Anything is possible I guess but he isn't going anywhere. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Yeah, things are getting crazy and the rumor mill is only going to intensify, unfortunately. 

Most of it is going to be nonsense, even if the end result turns out to happen (hope that made sense). 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Yeah, things are getting crazy and the rumor mill is only going to intensify, unfortunately. 

Most of it is going to be nonsense, even if the end result turns out to happen (hope that made sense). 

Kind of fitting with NFL Combine in Indy this week. 5% of the information you hear.....might have a 1% chance of being true. Haha.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

98 pages and counting….stop it already. He’s coming back unless we lose out, and that’s not going to happen. Hopefully, Reneau, MgBacko and McNeeley are with us as well next year.

i wouldn't bet on not losing out.  which game do you point to as a win?  would you agree he should be let go if we do that?

1 hour ago, Muddy River said:

While I agree with most of what you posted, the part in bold gives me pause.  While you may not give Woodson credit for developing TJD, Trace himself is on record giving him a ton of credit.  I have to think Trace has more insight and that simply can’t be dismissed.

possibly, but what is he gonna say about his coach?  "I really give no credit to Coach Woodson?"

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Muddy River said:

While I agree with most of what you posted, the part in bold gives me pause.  While you may not give Woodson credit for developing TJD, Trace himself is on record giving him a ton of credit.  I have to think Trace has more insight and that simply can’t be dismissed.

and as much as i love TJD - what did he really improve?  pretty much just got better at what he did right?  not expanding his game or anything like that right?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

50 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

That’s been my thinking all along. The rumors were getting a little out of control on that one though. 

• Like 2

i lost all my inside guys. one is on the bench at UK. TJD moved on and i dont see Dolson's son anymore. If you want to know about the WWE let me know. As soon as i see Galloway i'll ask him. pick him and Leal up 3 or 4 times a month. has been a min though.

• Like 2

I haven't posted a lot recently because I'm not sure I have anything new to bring to the conversation that hasn't already been brought up. That said, I do have a couple thoughts on Woodson and how they impact my feelings towards him/the future of the program.

He brought a level of confidence/arrogance back to Bloomington when he showed up that we desperately needed. I liked it then and still like that characteristic now. I like bold, confident coaches that don't feel like they should take a back seat to anyone. Regardless of his recruiting record, his feeling that IU should be able to sit at the big boy table with any recruit is spot on... But if you have all that confidence and arrogance, you better back it up with a relentless pursuit of excellence, tireless work ethic, and most importantly: great results. Cignetti knows, just Google him.

Woodson also helped bring the UK game back. Now, do I want him coaching in that game? Can't say that I do.

Here are the two questions that I ask myself that lead me to that answer.

IF Woodson comes back for another year, it is going to be very telling by who stays and who leaves. It could be a "who's gonna blink first"-situation between the players and administration that has a very real possibility of making a tough situation worse.

IF Woodson comes back, to counter this dismal season, the pendulum of success has to swing so far in the other direction... is it realistic, or even feasible, that it could occur? Fair or not, season #4 would have to be significantly better than season #2 -- and we finished second in the conference. At this point in time, there is very, very little that I'm seeing that suggests we are Big Ten Championship-level material next season.

• Like 4