Coach Mike Woodson Megathread

2 minutes ago, Beamerball said:

Woodson's quotes just now in his presser were absolutely pathetic. This one especially:

“It would have been nice to have Xavier Johnson. … Every year I’ve coached, when things don’t go well, I point the finger at me.”

Woodson says he doesn’t blame the players and adds, “but I don’t miss wide open shots. I don’t miss free throws.”

The dude has turned into a sideshow clown.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, Southern IN Hoosier said:

1. Pearl 

2. May

3. Oats

Dolson wants to move on but trying to BOT on board with move and get the funds. 

Am I being too much of a Karen by simply requesting that we clarify posts like these?  Are we posting about absolutes, inside info, speculation, rumors, opinions, etc.? 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Southern IN Hoosier said:

I should have said 100% speculation. I am no insider. Edited original

Thanks. Not my intention to single you out. I just have a feeling things are going to start getting loony up in here. 

I hope the HSN walls are ready for the poop to be flung at them. I just want to know the origination of said poop. 

image.png.69f504a269a95e608120a340b9609ca4.png

47 minutes ago, Indykev said:

not the way i remember it. MR was awful, trying to play a freshman point guard, injuries have killed us, we are very young, we miss to many open shots, and the list goes on. never once have we heard, i put together the worst roster in college basketball, my system doesnt work in the college game let me change it, my line ups suck. i would respect him if he just said it out loud.

RMK would shit a brick if he was alive and read this...no accountability.  The buck needs to stop here.  It is all he has needed and continues to need to say.

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

What does this tweet show us? 

We have more than enough talent to be better than what we are aka IT IS COACHING!

Edited by IUALUM03
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, IUALUM03 said:

image.thumb.png.6ed9009b396a6ded19b279bbe0bfd6d2.png

Before we say stars don't mean anything.....

-Ware is individually playing like a 5 star
-Malik is individually playing like a 5 star (although he may have been a 4 star out of high school)
-Mgbako is working his way up to individually playing like a 5 star (highest freshman ppg), but let's say he's playing like a 4 star for the sake of argument. 
-I'd say Cupps is playing like a 3 star. 
-I'd say Gallo is playing like a 4 star. 

That's our starting line up. I don't necessarily think there's a disconnect in the rankings as much as there's a disconnect in the system. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

That Woody does less with more than any coach in the B1G and it isn't even close.  He's by far the worst coach in the B1G.  It is not close.  Archie was a lot better. 

Had a buddy ask me if I would choose Woody over any other current coaches in the Big Ten. I couldn't think of one.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

That Woody does less with more than any coach in the B1G and it isn't even close.  He's by far the worst coach in the B1G.  It is not close.  Archie was a lot better. 

slightly disagree.....(in one specific area)

Archie was in desperate need of an approachable and relatable personality. He lacked so much in this area, where Coach Woodson excels in. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

-Malik is individually playing like a 5 star (although he may have been a 4 star out of high school)
-Mgbako is working his way up to individually playing like a 5 star (highest freshman ppg), but let's say he's playing like a 4 star for the sake of argument. 

That's our starting line up. I don't necessarily think there's a disconnect in the rankings as much as there's a disconnect in the system. 

And that's what Woodson hasn't figured and why so many NBA coaches before him have failed to the same degree. In the NBA, you can trot out 5 players and the team with the most overall talent is going to win more times than not in a 5 or 7 game series. Woodson simply believes all he has to do is out talent the opposition without hammering home some kind of system or roster construct. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

Your bottom two are not very accurate. How many starting guards in the BIG do they outperform? For Cupps, the answer is probably zero.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, HoosierDom said:

Your bottom two are not very accurate. How many starting guards in the BIG do they outperform? For Cupps, the answer is probably zero.

Agree.  Cupps is more of an unranked at the moment, and Galloway is....call him a borderline 3/4 star.  When he isn't a focal point, he's a nice piece to have.  But he's a supporting cast member, not a headliner. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

I don’t really agree with your assessment at all outside of Ware. Granted, I think a lot of that is guys aren’t being put in positions to succeed. I do agree that we’re playing well below what we should be based on the level of talent on the roster.

• Like 2