Coach Mike Woodson Megathread

14 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

Some of you in this thread desperately need to touch grass. It's just basketball, a child's game, played for your entertainment. If you aren't entertained, so be it, but that's not reason to act with the emotional intelligence of a child. The failures of Indiana Basketball are not malevolent acts directed at you personally, nor should they be met with such vitriol and bile. If you can't handle seasons like this without coming apart at the seams, you're clearly not built for this. Find other interests you can emotionally handle, or grow the **** up.

I am sorry I don't do drugs

• Haha 6

26 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

It’s sounding like a some of the big boosters are interested in having the conversation about moving on from Woodson at the end of the season. Dolson has a good pulse of what’s going on and what coaches are interested. 

It would nice to know who is interested…..

I’m sure that info will be kept close to the vest.

Edited by Artesian_86

17 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

Some of you in this thread desperately need to touch grass. It's just basketball, a child's game, played for your entertainment. If you aren't entertained, so be it, but that's not reason to act with the emotional intelligence of a child. The failures of Indiana Basketball are not malevolent acts directed at you personally, nor should they be met with such vitriol and bile. If you can't handle seasons like this without coming apart at the seams, you're clearly not built for this. Find other interests you can emotionally handle, or grow the **** up.

Sitting through so many seasons like this are why we are so full of "such vitriol and bile". As far as touching the grass goes, you should roll us one out of your bag. Quit being so stingy cheech!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

56 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

It’s sounding like a some of the big boosters are interested in having the conversation about moving on from Woodson at the end of the season. Dolson has a good pulse of what’s going on and what coaches are interested. 

Couldn't be further from the truth. 

No offense because I love the recruiting information you bring and I hope you continue to bring it but if Woodson leaves or isn't retained....it's not a booster influence this time. Our last 4 head coaches in the last 19 years yes....but this one no.

• Confused 2

58 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

2 posters I respect a great deal with totally opposite takes on the situation.  That's okay, because it likely is a very fluid situation right now.  I appreciate both you a great deal.  

That said, I've not enjoyed the team this season.  I have great concern our season has damaged our staff's ability to fix this in the portal.  Mike Woodson was my favorite IU player when I was growing up.  I supported the hire and his time as a coach through December of this season.  That's changed.   I'm finding a hard time caring at all at this point. 

When things are going bad, I want to see some fire and emotion from the head coach.  It can be Bob Knight's anger, or Tom Crean's cheerleading, just give me something.  Woodson's not doing that and it frustrates me.  I need that right now.     

This isn't fire and emotion?  

And I see him do this all the time.

I don't think anyone is happy with the results this season... I'm not... 

Mike Woodson will be judged after the season is over, and that's the way it should be... 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

2 posters I respect a great deal with totally opposite takes on the situation.  That's okay, because it likely is a very fluid situation right now.  I appreciate both you a great deal.  

That said, I've not enjoyed the team this season.  I have great concern our season has damaged our staff's ability to fix this in the portal.  Mike Woodson was my favorite IU player when I was growing up.  I supported the hire and his time as a coach through December of this season.  That's changed.   I'm finding a hard time caring at all at this point. 

When things are going bad, I want to see some fire and emotion from the head coach.  It can be Bob Knight's anger, or Tom Crean's cheerleading, just give me something.  Woodson's not doing that and it frustrates me.  I need that right now.     

Sure do appreciate the kind words. I just happen to sit on the wrong side of the teeder todder or however that's spelled. Time will tell. All we want is IU to be good. That much I know we can agree on....and I'm sickin frickin tired of these conversations for sure. We love our team and defend it...just some of us defend longer but the end goal is the same. We love IU. Just win baby.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Indykev said:

The big boosters had a get together to raise money and discuss some things. Woodson and the basketball program was a topic of discussion. Cuban was in town for the Pacers and Mavs game so it was a good time to get people together. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

8 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I can't offer up anything more than what's been hashed and rehashed. I think he took TJD from having to learn a foreign language to making him by some accounts the steal of the draft. I see what he did with JHS. I saw the peak of Xavier towards end of 22.....I see what Trey has developed into.

I also know there are several recruits and their families who love Woodson....so I'm factoring in that to my opinion as well.

Again I've said this before. I'm more Pro Coach. Any Coach. 

I think we are all pro having a coach. :)

If it is truly "any coach" then we should strive for a coach that increases our chances of success and I just don't see how keeping Woodson is good for our chances of getting better.

In Vegas, a betting man isn't likely to put their money on Woodson turning this around.

Edited by iuswingman
  • Like 2

How much if any does the recent success of Ohio St. (since firing Holtmann) have on IU and Woodson?

I know they are not the Spartans of old, but there is something to be said about them winning on the road at Michigan St. There seems to be a resurgence of energy and a will to play to their potential. JMO

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

How much if any does the recent success of Ohio St. (since firing Holtmann) have on IU and Woodson?

I know they are not the Spartans of old, but there is something to be said about them winning on the road at Michigan St. There seems to be a resurgence of energy and a will to play to their potential. JMO

I don’t know what effect it has on IU, but OSU’s recent wins lead me to believe that the players didn’t buy into Holtman’s system. Like us, OSU has talent to win in the B1G, perhaps they were just being held back. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

No offense because I love the recruiting information you bring and I hope you continue to bring it but if Woodson leaves or isn't retained....it's not a booster influence this time. Our last 4 head coaches in the last 19 years yes....but this one no.

Just curious, who do you think is the influence this time as opposed to the boosters, who you seem to suggest were the influence the previous times? 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Oh I know they aren't the driving factor. Dolson is the driving factor this time but he has to have the funds and support to make sure everything lines up. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

Just curious, who do you think is the influence this time as opposed to the boosters, who you seem to suggest were the influence the previous times? 

I think this one is a Dolson call. Obviously things can change but to me this one is all on him.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Woodson's quotes just now in his presser were absolutely pathetic. This one especially:

“It would have been nice to have Xavier Johnson. … Every year I’ve coached, when things don’t go well, I point the finger at me.”

Woodson says he doesn’t blame the players and adds, “but I don’t miss wide open shots. I don’t miss free throws.”

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

not the way i remember it. MR was awful, trying to play a freshman point guard, injuries have killed us, we are very young, we miss to many open shots, and the list goes on. never once have we heard, i put together the worst roster in college basketball, my system doesnt work in the college game let me change it, my line ups suck. i would respect him if he just said it out loud.

• Like 3