Coach Mike Woodson Megathread

3 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

I mean are we for real right now??? This guy is out of control. If you’ve done your job you wouldn’t have to be campaigning right now about “doing your job” well…doing your job is 92 in kenpom? The worst ranking in 10+ years and 0 recruits for 2024…Mike I think you need to reevaluate what doing your job is. 

Don’t worry, they’re up to 86 in Kenpom! What a joke. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Mike sure seems like he's becoming unhinged.  Very insecure and egotistical.  This just isn't going to end well.  I'm gonna guess he goes down as possibly the most hated IU basketball coach ever.  The next 12 months will not be boring.

Absolutely pathetic!! I could list 10+ things that have been ran poorly by him in the last year. But we aren’t “true” fans. Mike you know how much time and money I’ve given to this program?! Go screw yourself!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NCHoosier32 said:

serious question - for the 1 or 2 Woodson backers - are you also big believers in XJ?  i'm just wondering if that is part of the buy in for the few wanting Woodson back?  do you believe X would have been the difference this season? 

I am not really a Woodson backer but I feel if he was truly healthy all year we could probably had a few more wins

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Jeff said:

I wasn’t there, but with Woodson’s comments, he should have been booed off the court!  Unfortunately, I doubt there were any boos towards him. 

I watched the stream. The crowd seemed supportive of basically everything that was said, or at a minimum no signals of discontent. 

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

Guess Woodson gets to decide who the true fans are....and they apparently coincide with the ones with blind loyalty to him.  Woodson is pathetic.

If leal and Galloway are returning then why did they participate in senior night?

Maybe because they are “graduating seniors” and wanted to participate in the ceremonies.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bronkonagurski said:

I watched the stream. The crowd seemed supportive of basically everything that was said, or at a minimum no signals of discontent. 

I listened to it on the radio and the crowd was pretty loud especially when Leal said we should chill.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I am not really a Woodson backer but I feel if he was truly healthy all year we could probably had a few more wins

probably true,,,,but how many other teams out there can say the same thing,

1 hour ago, NCHoosier32 said:

serious question - for the 1 or 2 Woodson backers - are you also big believers in XJ?  i'm just wondering if that is part of the buy in for the few wanting Woodson back?  do you believe X would have been the difference this season? 

I'm not really who you're talking to, as I would prefer that Woodson is gone, but, if the choice is between Woodson with lots of NIL money and Day with little to none, I'm okay with Woodson back.

I believe that if X would have lived up the potential he showed in his first year with us, we would be a very good team right now. I don't have a strong opinion as to why he didn't, it could be injuries, it could be Woodson's fault, could be X didn't work hard enough or listen enough - I think it's just some guys don't have it and things never click, it's no one's fault it just is what it is.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

Maybe because they are “graduating seniors” and wanted to participate in the ceremonies.

Outside of recent years, has anyone done senior night and then come back?

I think it was all orchestrated so they could make public statements in support of woodson.

Edited by iuswingman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, bronkonagurski said:

Maybe the crowd was excited from the win and wanted to be supportive of the seniors and the players in general. The ceremony should be about them and not the coach.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, iuswingman said:

Outside of recent years, has anyone done senior night and then coWoodson.  This may even he a first.

I think it was all orchestrated so they could make public statements in support of woodson.

Race and Hartman both came back after going through senior night. Also you have to think until Covid players never had an extra year to come back

• Like 1

Tough to be excited for the future after that ceremony. Just a really tough look for the program. Time and winning heals all wounds. Going out in public and complaining about fan reactions to losses is pouring salt in them. There was just nothing to gain by those comments and tells potential recruits everything they need to know about the health and stability of the program. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Jeff said:

I don’t think I personally know an IU fan that is happy with Woodson as coach, but I guess there’s still plenty that are fine with him. 

Winning cures a lot. I think the winning streak has tempered the outrage a little bit. As soon as the going gets tough though next season, the displeasure will be heard loud and clear

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

See the thing is…to me it’s on the coach when the chips are down to be that difference maker…to scratch out wins. He himself has said all season…he hasn’t gotten them over the hump….isnt that an admission of failure? Then to lose the one recruit you have because of being lazy and not changing in your ways…zero recruits…think about that…not a single kid in America wants to come to IU and play in his offense.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

Outside of recent years, has anyone done senior night and then coWoodson.  This may even he a first.

Perhaps, but I’m ok with that…showing support for your coach isn’t a bad thing in my book.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, EvilleHoosier said:

Maybe the crowd was excited from the win and wanted to be supportive of the seniors and the players in general. The ceremony should be about them and not the coach.  

That is fine by me. I wasn't expecting or encouraging a fan protest during the ceremony.