Coach Mike Woodson Megathread

Just now, BGleas said:

My enthusiasm for IU basketball hasn't been this low in a long, long time. 

I hope I'm really, really wrong, it wouldn't be the first time, but it feels like next season is going to be a nightmare. 

I’m thinking you’ll see even more apathy and less people discussing/visiting the board. I doubt I will as much. What’s there to look forward to? Not recruiting and not a different style of play. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, BGleas said:

My enthusiasm for IU basketball hasn't been this low in a long, long time. 

I hope I'm really, really wrong, it wouldn't be the first time, but it feels like next season is going to be a nightmare. 

If Reneau, MgBako, and Galloway leave, it's going to be a very difficult season (I'm assuming Ware is gone).  I just have serious doubts we will make significant inroads in the portal.    

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

If Reneau, MgBako, and Galloway leave, it's going to be a very difficult season (I'm assuming Ware is gone).  I just have serious doubts we will make significant inroads in the portal.    

I think there’s going to be a mass exodus. They deserve better leadership. I have no other word than pathetic.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Inequality said:

I would be completely done with the mens basketball team if Alford hired. Which, I have found it really easy to ignore the last part of the season so meh. Whatevs

What is the issue with Alford? Is the situation at Iowa with the basketball player who got into some sort of trouble?

31 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I never got this argument. Yes Archie got a 4th year, but his 3rd year was his best so you could argue things were trending in a positive direction. His 4th year also was a disaster that became very toxic, so no idea why that’s pointed to like it was a successful example. If anything, it’s an example of what it could look like if things go poorly.

• Like 6

Just now, DC2345 said:

I’m still so confused about what happened and how this played out 

Nothing happened. Unfortunately, they announced Woodson is coming back. All the other stuff was just internet fodder. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Kdug said:

I never got this argument. Yes Archie got a 4th year, but his 3rd year was his best so you could argue things were trending in a positive direction. His 4th year also was a disaster that became very toxic, so no idea why that’s pointed to like it was a successful example. If anything, it’s an example of what it could look like if things go poorly.

I think next year could make Archie's 4th year look pleasant if things don't significantly improve. 

We need to improve 45 spots on KenPom to just reach where Archie's 4th year was. The largest jump we've ever had in the entire KenPom era besides Year 2 to Year 3 of Crean is 71 spots, which would "only" put us at 24 next year.... aka Michigan State or Wisconsin. 

After that jump, the next biggest is only 31 spots. If we only jump 31 spots next year I don't think Quinn Buckner or Mike Woodson will be welcome back in Bloomington. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I think next year could make Archie's 4th year look pleasant if things don't significantly improve. 

We need to improve 45 spots on KenPom to just reach where Archie's 4th year was. The largest jump we've ever had in the entire KenPom era besides Year 2 to Year 3 of Crean is 71 spots, which would "only" put us at 24 next year.... aka Michigan State or Wisconsin. 

After that jump, the next biggest is only 31 spots. If we only jump 31 spots next year I don't think Quinn Buckner or Mike Woodson will be welcome back in Bloomington. 

This is the problem now. What's the criteria for next year? What has to happen next season for Woodson to earn a 5th season?

Like, if we squeak into the Tournament as a play-in team, does that mean Woodson has "improved" things?

How bad does next year need to be for him to get fired? 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, BGleas said:

This is the problem now. What's the criteria for next year? What has to happen next season for Woodson to earn a 5th season?

Like, if we squeak into the Tournament as a play-in team, does that mean Woodson has "improved" things?

How bad does next year need to be for him to get fired? 

This is exactly right. We could high end do what you just described and he’d feel he’s got us going good. He’s delusional and this whole thing is a wreck

• Like 7

Just now, BADGERVOL said:

This is exactly right. We could high end do what you just described and he’d feel he’s got us going good. He’s delusional and this whole thing is a wreck

I can't even think for me in my own mind what I would need to see next year to regain faith in this staff. 

How can the admin even evaluate it?

• Like 7