TV Teddy at it again....

47 minutes ago, Sapperin LA said:

TV Ted is horrible, but no official owes any player an explanation at any time!! Coach yes, player never! It's the coaches job to teach their players what went wrong 

I disagree completely.  I can't stand all the whining at the refs but why do u have a captain?there is always at least one player the refs will talk to. Since he's a Senior 4 year starter and point guard my guess is that he is the captain. It was not in a show u up manner. Many refs go out of their way to tell players what they did wrong. I see nothing wrong with the actions of the player.  Did u happen to watch the game? Did u really think Tv Ted was going to go down and talk to oleRoy to explain it.

45 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I disagree completely.  I can't stand all the whining at the refs but why do u have a captain?there is always at least one player the refs will talk to. Since he's a Senior 4 year starter and point guard my guess is that he is the captain. It was not in a show u up manner. Many refs go out of their way to tell players what they did wrong. I see nothing wrong with the actions of the player.  Did u happen to watch the game? Did u really think Tv Ted was going to go down and talk to oleRoy to explain it.

Just a side note.  Knight always designated a team captain.  Crean never did.... in fact he talked about how he thought it was bad to have a team captain.  I am not in agreement with that. I feel every team should have a team captain, for situations such as you describe.... and give direction to the rest of the team.  Now having said that, I can't recall reading or hearing that Miller has a designated team captain.  And if not, personally, I would attribute some of our lack luster performances to that.  Currently, it seems to me, no one on our team is willing to kick butt, when things go poorly.  Also, watching body language on the bench... few guys get excited. 

1 hour ago, Sapperin LA said:

TV Ted is horrible, but no official owes any player an explanation at any time!! Coach yes, player never! It's the coaches job to teach their players what went wrong 

I see that you registered in Sept. of last year.  However, this is your first post.  Thanks for that.  Keep it coming !

21 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

if a players asks for clarification in a respectful manner I do feel that the official owes the player the respect to answer. 

I have seen many times this season, where an official gave a player an explanation.  Sometimes it has been requested by the player, and other times, the ref has offered it.

This happened a lot at the beginning of the season, what with the many rules changes. 

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

I just disagree. 

It’s ridiculous that a ref wouldn’t explain a call to a player asking respectfully. A good referee works with the players so the players can understand what the refs are seeing/calling and adjust accordingly. 

22 minutes ago, BGleas said:

It’s ridiculous that a ref wouldn’t explain a call to a player asking respectfully. A good referee works with the players so the players can understand what the refs are seeing/calling and adjust accordingly. 

I wouldn't explain anything if it weren't a TO or halftime or something along those lines. 

22 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I wouldn't explain anything if it weren't a TO or halftime or something along those lines. 

A good ref communicates with players throughout the game, let’s them know what happened, let’s them know why they called something or that they’ll look for what the player is talking about, etc. 

13 minutes ago, BGleas said:

A good ref communicates with players throughout the game, let’s them know what happened, let’s them know why they called something or that they’ll look for what the player is talking about, etc. 

No. A good ref officiates the rules well. They owe no explanations. 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

No. A good ref officiates the rules well. They owe no explanations. 

No, a compitent ref officiates the game well, a good ref manages the game and works with the players to make it a good game where the players understand how the game is being called and the player, in a respectful way, have a line of communication with the refs. 

6 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Here... I called a foul on you because you committed a foul lol this isn't rocket science. I've never understood why a ref would give a player the time of day. 

You know what else isn’t rocket science?

Player: Hey ref, how was that an illegal screen?

Ref: Your feet were too wide. Point of emphasis this year is your feet can’t be wider than shoulder width. 

Player: Got it, thanks  

Archived