2023 SG Joey Hart Commits to pUKe

6 hours ago, Hoosierdave said:

Indeed. Sounds like our staff is prioritizing other people and couldn’t give Hart a decision.

A179BDF6-0DDC-44FC-AAFB-B9D1C8168A65.png

I thought I read an article that basically suggested we were holding off on taking any commitment and that might not fit Hart's timeline unless he wants to wait. Part of the deal in the portal I guess.

Trying to recall the last time that IN and KY were considered finalists for a 3 star IN kid and he committed to KY because IU didn’t offer.

Oh, yeah, it’s never happened 

If we get Reeves, Value City Furniture will have to post guards around the couch department 

Edited by 13th&Jackson
  • Haha 3

• KDB changed the title to 2023 SG Joey Hart Commits to pUKe

In respect to the young man…I think he can be a really good college basketball player…but I don’t see this being a good fit for him and not being a highly ranked/coveted recruit he will likely not see much playing time because Cal always prioritizes those kids…even when they don’t deserve it. His only job is to ensure they get drafted.

Edited by dgambill

9 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I’m respect to the young man…I think he can be a really good college basketball player…but I don’t see this being a good fit for him and not being a highly ranked/coveted recruit he will likely not see much playing time because Cal always prioritizes those kids…even when they don’t deserve it. His only job is to ensure they get drafted.

So true!

16 minutes ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

We should have snagged this kid.. he’s just as athletic as Galloway and he’s a pure shooter. 

Especially since we are in need of another shooter and have a spot open. No reason we shouldn’t have him.. 

I watched a 6ft, marginally athletic D3 basketball player guard him in the semi state... rather easily. 

I'm completely fine with him being a Wildcat. 

You've watched Hart quite a bit? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

We should have snagged this kid.. he’s just as athletic as Galloway and he’s a pure shooter. 

Especially since we are in need of another shooter and have a spot open. No reason we shouldn’t have him.. 

I've seen him multiple games.  He looks good against smaller school teams but he's no Galloway.  A better shooter at the same stage in his development, yes, but inferior in just about every other way.  In a normal year at UK, he's nothing more than a practice body.  Can he develop into a weapon?  It's not impossible, but I'd peg him as more likely to be Anthony Leal than Trey Galloway and I can see why Woody would be willing to wait to see if a stronger candidate surfaces.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, btownqb said:

I watched a 6ft, marginally athletic D3 basketball player guard him in the semi state... rather easily. 

I'm completely fine with him being a Wildcat. 

You've watched Hart quite a bit? 

Big Blue Nation thinks he is the next Rex Chapman.

• Haha 5

12 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

I've seen him multiple games.  He looks good against smaller school teams but he's no Galloway.  A better shooter at the same stage in his development, yes, but inferior in just about every other way.  In a normal year at UK, he's nothing more than a practice body.  Can he develop into a weapon?  It's not impossible, but I'd peg him as more likely to be Anthony Leal than Trey Galloway and I can see why Woody would be willing to wait to see if a stronger candidate surfaces.

Joey is an ELITE shooter…Over 60% on open 3’s in AAU and overall 50% from 3…Joey also has Elite athleticism and bounce…dude was hammering 360 dunks in games…where he lacks is strength and defense…  guessing it takes him 2 years to build the strength and defense but as an upperclassman he will be a player at a high major mark it down… Cal says he sees Tyler Herro in him. Same height and weight…

51 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

Joey is an ELITE shooter…Over 60% on open 3’s in AAU and overall 50% from 3…Joey also has Elite athleticism and bounce…dude was hammering 360 dunks in games…where he lacks is strength and defense…  guessing it takes him 2 years to build the strength and defense but as an upperclassman he will be a player at a high major mark it down… Cal says he sees Tyler Herro in him. Same height and weight…

Poor mans John Deibler?

the next Connor Essegian?

I think he can play but understand why IU & Purdue passed on him 

sucks he went to a school I refuse to root for but wish him luck 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

I'll go on record as saying he does not have elite athleticism... maybe its above average, but I think its a far cry from elite. He jumps pretty well for a 6'3 white kid. 

And yeah, I call BS on what Cal said. 

• Like 1