Without playing a game. IU's RPI has gone from...

... 154 earlier this week,  to 106 tonight. Just in case you have not been following,  Not great, I agree.  However, in the right direction.  Definitely better than Illinois's RPI that has been tracking in the other direction.

Win some more games. Continue to lower the RPI ( yeah I know it's not the major consideration).... and IU may sneak into the Big Dance, after all.

Yes.... my glass is more than half full. At the moment. 

Take care HSN 3.0.  Love ya all. 

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

... 154 earlier this week,  to 106 tonight. Just in case you have not been following,  Not great, I agree.  However, in the right direction.  Definitely better than Illinois's RPI that has been tracking in the other direction.

Win some more games. Continue to lower the RPI ( yeah I know it's not the major consideration).... and IU may sneak into the Big Dance, after all.

Yes.... my glass is more than half full. At the moment. 

Take care HSN 3.0.  Love ya all. 

Right now we are tied for 4th in the big ten with Michigan and if we can beat NW and Michigan loses to MSU then we be 4th by ourselves.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Right now we are tied for 4th in the big ten with Michigan and if we can beat NW and Michigan loses to MSU then we be 4th by ourselves.

THAT.....is the type of forward thinking..... that I love.   GO IU.  Love ya,  Hoosiers !

Yeah, I know it is absurd to to root for IU being 4th in the conference.  However on the other hand.... it's that kind of thinking that will keep us in the running for an NCAA spot at season's end.  Miracles can happen !

so good to hear optimism and hope.  would seem like we have a good shot at winning the next 2 out of 3 as well.  i would guess optimism will be riding high if that happens.  it's just tough because we then go @ Illinois, vs. Purdouche, @ OSU, and vs. Mich St.  a very likely 0-4 stretch.  then everyone will be talking about all of our problems again.  

23 minutes ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

The only concern at all that I have in your thinking Mile is in using Illinois as any kind of barometer or measuring stick.

:snack:

Appreciate that.  My thinking in comparing them to IU was in terms of losing players.  But mostly.... the fact that each has a first year coach. Underwood started out as a ball of fire, going undefeated well into pre-conference schedule.  On the other hand, serious questions about Miller arose early, losing games most of us considered games he should have won.  Now.... going into conference play...at present... both teams seem to be going in different directions in terms of their seasons started out.  And the current RPI's are bearing that out.

3 hours ago, NCHoosier32 said:

so good to hear optimism and hope.  would seem like we have a good shot at winning the next 2 out of 3 as well.  i would guess optimism will be riding high if that happens.  it's just tough because we then go @ Illinois, vs. Purdouche, @ OSU, and vs. Mich St.  a very likely 0-4 stretch.  then everyone will be talking about all of our problems again.  

Why would you think losing to Illinois was an automatic loss since they are 0-5 in the conference.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Why would you think losing to Illinois was an automatic loss since they are 0-5 in the conference.

not saying automatic loss.  said likely.  tough winning on the road and just seems that we generally play ugly there.  we certainly could go 1-3 in that stretch.  still tough.

10 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

not saying automatic loss.  said likely.  tough winning on the road and just seems that we generally play ugly there.  we certainly could go 1-3 in that stretch.  still tough.

We’re 2-2 against Illinois on the road going back to the 2011-2012 season.  With the exception of that ugly game we blew against them in the 12-13 season, we really haven’t had much trouble there.  We lost in OT when we were awful in 13-14, won 80-74 when we were mediocre in 14-15, and absolutely blew the doors off them 74-47 when we won the conference in 15-16.  No reason to chalk that game up as a “likely” loss this season, especially when they’ve been so bad this year.

23 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

We’re 2-2 against Illinois on the road going back to the 2011-2012 season.  With the exception of that ugly game we blew against them in the 12-13 season, we really haven’t had much trouble there.  We lost in OT when we were awful in 13-14, won 80-74 when we were mediocre in 14-15, and absolutely blew the doors off them 74-47 when we won the conference in 15-16.  No reason to chalk that game up as a “likely” loss this season, especially when they’ve been so bad this year.

fair enough.  i hope you're right.  still going with the thought that that will be a tough 4 game stretch.  

5 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

fair enough.  i hope you're right.  still going with the thought that that will be a tough 4 game stretch.  

Definitely will still be tough, as any Big Ten road game is relatively tough to win.  Really, the entire 6 game stretch after Northwestern is going to be tough, and will probably define our season.  @MSU, Maryland, @Illinois, Purdue, @OSU, MSU.  Going 3-3 through that stretch is probably the absolute best we can hope for.  Anything more than that would be pretty impressive.

Archived