Indiana vs Northwestern pre-game talk

Bryant McIntosh played really well despite a large brace on his knee against a bad Minnesota team.  Pardon is a solid big down low, 4 players average double figures and they have 3 players that shoot at least 40% from 3.  9 players average more than 10 minutes a game.  Should be a good game, but one that we should win especially at home.

2 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

KenPom gives us a 53% chance of victory, predicting a final score of 70-69. ESPN gives us a 51.2% chance of victory. Vegas has not released a line yet. 

5fouls gives the Hoosiers a 72.8646976 chance at victory. Or, put another way, about the same odds as Bluegrass marrying his cousin.

1 hour ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

McIntosh, from Indiana, may have a big game. Playing in front of a Hoosier home crowd may give him more incentive to light it up......, just sayin'

He’s 0-2 in Bloomington for his career.  I was at the game during the 2015-2016 season where he played terribly in a loss in his first appearance in Assembly Hall.  Then he and his parents cried to the Indy media about how he got heckled before and during the game, and the media proceeded to lecture IU fans about “not understanding the history of Indiana basketball.”  Was total BS, and I’ve never been a fan of his since.  I hope the fans heckle him just as hard tomorrow and we send him off with one more loss in his home state.

43 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

He’s 0-2 in Bloomington for his career.  I was at the game during the 2015-2016 season where he played terribly in a loss in his first appearance in Assembly Hall.  Then he and his parents cried to the Indy media about how he got heckled before and during the game, and the media proceeded to lecture IU fans about “not understanding the history of Indiana basketball.”  Was total BS, and I’ve never been a fan of his since.  I hope the fans heckle him just as hard tomorrow and we send him off with one more loss in his home state.

I would consider it a sign of respect to get heckled by IU fans as an opposing player. So many players come through Assembly Hall and never get noticed. Media does not understand the history of Indiana basketball takes into consideration recognizing a good opponent. 

15 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I would consider it a sign of respect to get heckled by IU fans as an opposing player. So many players come through Assembly Hall and never get noticed. Media does not understand the history of Indiana basketball takes into consideration recognizing a good opponent. 

Totally agree.  It’s the fans’ job to try and get under the skin of the opposing team, within reason of course.  IU fans are some of the best in the country at doing that.  We knew he was the best player on their team, and we knew he was from Indiana.  He could have walked on if he wanted to go to IU as badly as he claimed.  The fans heckled him for going to another Big Ten school, he had a bad game, and IU won.  Mission accomplished.  But leave it to idiots like Doyel and Osterman to expect IU fans to cheer for a player on the opposing team just because he went to high school in Indiana.

1 hour ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Totally agree.  It’s the fans’ job to try and get under the skin of the opposing team, within reason of course.  IU fans are some of the best in the country at doing that.  We knew he was the best player on their team, and we knew he was from Indiana.  He could have walked on if he wanted to go to IU as badly as he claimed.  The fans heckled him for going to another Big Ten school, he had a bad game, and IU won.  Mission accomplished.  But leave it to idiots like Doyel and Osterman to expect IU fans to cheer for a player on the opposing team just because he went to high school in Indiana.

Excellent post. You articulated my thoughts far better than I could ever do.

1 minute ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

The B1G is Purdue’s unless OSU’s Cinderella run continues. 

If we beat Northwestern, we are in a three way tie for 3rd and will head into East Lansing with identical B1G records. 

Not wanting to put the cart in front of the horse. At least until Sunday night.  But when they showed the B1G standings at the end of the Mich/Mich State game.... it was sure good to see IU above the middle of the pack.... with a chance to solidify their position with a win on Sunday. 

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

A win could pull us ahead of Fresno State, Montana, UAB, and Buffalo in the KenPom rankings.  Louisiana Lafayette is probably out of reach though.  

According to the current rankings, both Vanderbilt and Illinois-with much worse records than IU-- are ahead of us in Pomeroy's eyes. Doesn't make sense to me--especially when Montana State is 224.

No wonder these kids have a hard time making a decision. The supposed "experts" can't figure out who the quality teams are 

Always hope for a win but even more so since I am taking my 4 year old tomorrow. My dad and I are going and he tugged at the old heart strings with wishing he could go too. Fortunately I found a single main level ticket under face value. Now I just hope there is a no show near us do that Dad doesn’t have to sit two sections over. 

I think we find way to grind out another ugly win. I will take all the ugly wins we can get. 

1 hour ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Always hope for a win but even more so since I am taking my 4 year old tomorrow. My dad and I are going and he tugged at the old heart strings with wishing he could go too. Fortunately I found a single main level ticket under face value. Now I just hope there is a no show near us do that Dad doesn’t have to sit two sections over. 

I think we find way to grind out another ugly win. I will take all the ugly wins we can get. 

Enjoy the game with your young one.  Take some selfies.  And treasure them years from now.  Have a great time in AH with your son Dad..... that is just... GREAT !

Archived